Thread: Strict Dieting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Strict Dieting

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I'm going to get insulated hunting boots and move from the stationary bike to the rowing machine today and see if I can burn a few more calories that way.
    That's what I'm trying to accomplish too, Mike. I just feel the best way when I hit that sweet spot of slightly gaining muscle and losing weight.
    Last edited by Stearman; 03-12-2024 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to move from the stationary bike to the rowing machine today and see if I can burn a few more calories that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m now convinced beyond a doubt that weight gain is often a fact of relapses and treatment (prednisone is the huge one) and of course the inactivity which can accompany a relapse such as the one aid just experienced with super high blood pressure, tachycardia, weakness and pain from polyneuropathy, not to mention the GI effects from having blood supply to one’s guts cut down tying them up in painful spasms.

What worka (for me) under these (and all other conditions) is a strict KetogenicHigh fat, low carbohydrate diet. I even purchased a kit to test blood ketones which I keep in a range of 13 or higher. If you go on Kindle, Audible or Amazon you will surely find a wide range of books on this subject. Or Google Ketogenic LCHF diets.

Please let let me know what you all think of this and I can provide considerable resources if you like.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-25-2019 at 09:52 PM.

4. Likes John S, Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eat Good Food and stay healthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed Adrian & all of you managing to stay healthy with systemic Vasculitis. Knowing the source of food is important to me - purchasing sugar-free, NonGMO, gluten free, Organic, Grass-fed meats, non farm-raised fish (only those wild caught in the deep sea) - well the list goes on...

Science indicates that a sugar free, Very low Carb diet, with High fat ( the right kind), etc. is the single most important thing we can do for our health- sick or not.

Of course exercise is important- use it or lose it!

Humans evolved on this diet for millions of years and it is only very recently that our diet became full of sugar, grains, processed foods, & inflammatory foods which are killing us all off today. Anyway- I write too much.

Best to all of you who struggle with this as my son and I do. Thanks for sharing.♥️

7. Likes Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fell off of the rowing machine. That brought a lot of attention from the gm staff. They were concerned that I might have hurt my head. Out of embarrassment, I slunk off to the stationary bikes again. Maybe next visit to the gym I'll ask how to do the rowing machine correctly.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I’m now convinced beyond a doubt that weight gain is often a fact of relapses and treatment (prednisone is the huge one) and of course the inactivity which can accompany a relapse such as the one aid just experienced with super high blood pressure, tachycardia, weakness and pain from polyneuropathy, not to mention the GI effects from having blood supply to one’s guts cut down tying them up in painful spasms.

What worka (for me) under these (and all other conditions) is a strict KetogenicHigh fat, low carbohydrate diet. I even purchased a kit to test blood ketones which I keep in a range of 13 or higher. If you go on Kindle, Audible or Amazon you will surely find a wide range of books on this subject. Or Google Ketogenic LCHF diets.

Please let let me know what you all think of this and I can provide considerable resources if you like.
    @[email protected] With this diet are fruits (oranges, berries etc) that fight inflammation allowed? Also a note about prednisone and daily low doses of it = studies show it will decrease your testosterone levels. Low T = slow metabolism and muscle loss = weight gain. Plus men with Low T have increased risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and metabolic syndrome, osteoporosis and so much more. Low T = low sex drive. And don't kid yourself, it is apart of a high quality life, well being and happiness. The daily low dose pred is nonsensical.

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrianwillson View Post
    Eat Good Food and stay healthy.
    Sorry, but it doesn't work like that with wg.
    And I would be careful with every dramatic diet.
    Last edited by Alysia; 01-26-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

12. Likes mishb, Masha, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dropped 35 lbs with Keto diet in 2 or 3 months which was great. Unfortunately, my cholesterol elevated much higher than a year prior. The doc gave me 60 days to correct with diet and test again.

This doesn't happen to everyone on Keto. Likely genetics, age (51) and too much red meat and bacon . Needed more fish and chicken.

14. Likes Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree Prednisone is unwarranted over long time periods (or perhaps at all). As patients who have been treated with prednisone, we no longer agree to take it at all. We’re successfully on Rituxan but must work out some medical care issues to find tune. As far as diet goes, yes this diet allows low carb fruits & anti inflammatory foods when combined with an overall Ketogenic practice.

16. Likes Bing505z liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast