A few years ago I had a heart attack and got several stents installed. After that incident, I went on a strict diet and lost 50 pounds. I was feeling great. Shortly after that, I started getting massive headaches, I had double vision, then one eye swelled up to touch my eyeglasses, giant nasal crusts.... I was in and out of the hospital for several months and on Prednisone for these symptoms. The 50 pounds came back with a vengeance. It was another year before I was diagnosed with GPA.
Fast forward. I have been off of Prednisone for several months and I made a decision to try to lose weight again. I am now back on the diet. Also, I am diabetic.
This morning my waking blood sugar was 99. I had 2 cups of coffee and will drink 4-5 glasses of water before eating lunch at 11. I'll have one poached egg on wheat toast, 4-5 strawberries and some cantaloupe. Then take 5 units of fast acting Insulin. For dinner, I'll eat 10 sautéed shrimp, a piece of wheat toast with honey butter and more fruit. Followed with another 5 units of fast acting insulin. Lots more water throughout the day. One Diet Pepsi around 8:30. I'll test my blood sugar before bed and determine if any slow acting insulin is needed.

I've already lost about 15 pounds, the first pounds come easy.

Am I risking a flareup?