Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strict Dieting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Strict Dieting

Don?t be too critical of yourself! This is a journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes John S, Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done John.

Nothing wrong with a sense of humour either

Good luck with the next size drop, and enjoy the new clothes
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

4. Likes John S, Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been hovering between -42 and -39. Thanksgiving was a challenge. Stuffing, pies, cookies and little bowls of snacks. Halloween saw little chocolate bars disppearing. Once I take one illicit bite, I go into cravings that I am powerless over. It's the first bite of the cookie that gets me, not the fourth cookie.
    On the bright side, I have discontinued isosorbide mononitrate this month and cut my enalapril in half.

6. Likes Jaha, Bing505z, Alysia liked this post
    Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I have been hovering between -42 and -39. Thanksgiving was a challenge. Stuffing, pies, cookies and little bowls of snacks. Halloween saw little chocolate bars disppearing. Once I take one illicit bite, I go into cravings that I am powerless over. It's the first bite of the cookie that gets me, not the fourth cookie.
    On the bright side, I have discontinued isosorbide mononitrate this month and cut my enalapril in half.
    Ahhh. Enjoy. It's the Holidays!!! Cheers!!

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My suggestion would be to switch to the anti-inflammatory Dr. Stephen Gundry “Plant Paradox” diet. After 20 years of relapsing Wegener’s/PAN the best results I’ve had yet are on this diet. I developed Type I Autoimmune Pancreatic Diabetes after being treated with huge amounts of Prednisone, also Sjogren’s, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and Adrenal Insufficiency. If I venture off the diet I get worse. The diet doesn’t appear to stop WG/PAN recurrence entirely but it appears to help and to extend the length of Autoimmune disease free activity. I can’t recommend it highly enough. In addition to the books The Plant Paradox and The Plant Paradox Cookbook there are many helpful videos by Dr. Gundry at his website and on YouTube.

10. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My suggestion would be to switch to the anti-inflammatory Dr. Stephen Gundry “Plant Paradox” diet. After 20 years of relapsing Wegener’s/PAN the best results I’ve had yet are on this diet. I developed Type I Autoimmune Pancreatic Diabetes after being treated with huge amounts of Prednisone, also Sjogren’s, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and Adrenal Insufficiency. If I venture off the diet I get worse. The diet doesn’t appear to stop WG/PAN recurrence entirely but it appears to help and to extend the length of Autoimmune disease free activity. I can’t recommend it highly enough. In addition to the books The Plant Paradox and The Plant Paradox Cookbook there are many helpful videos by Dr. Gundry at his website and on YouTube.

Thanks for the suggestion. My current diet is working for me. Fruit for breakfast, a light lunch with no meat and possibly one slice of bread, a small dinner with 3-5 ounces of meat. Very little caffeine, no snacks, and one piece of Trinidad, a delicious chocolate from Fannie May, before bed.

Also, riding a stationary bike for 30 minutes each day.

12. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty healthy. Will just mention here that Plant Paradox diet is all about establishing the right gut bacteria with the scientific evidence that doing so leads to many health benefits including life extension, maximum relief from Autoimmune disease, weight gain, and aches and pains. This diet does restrict most fruits, gluten and other grains, and promotes certain vegetables, restricting others. It is based on seamless scientific research and brings relief of severe disease to thousands of patients. Thanks for your response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Christmas, Santa brought me something that I had lost. Five pounds! Time to get back on the diet.

15. Likes Masha, NatriceRomeo, mishb, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty much stopped being "dieting" and become "lifestyle change". I'm currently hovering around minus 45 pounds. I find myself having more encounters with snacks than I want and giving into temptation too often.
    I would like to lose another 10 by the end of March but it doesn't look like that is likely to happen.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup..exercise...eat right..you know, everything in moderation.....but do allow yourself to indulge occasionally. Takes 21 days to form a habit...takes 21 days to break a habit. You don't want to be too "female" about it...you know...the one who constantly whines about her weight LOL. You know...the size zero/two chick...the one you can place your hands completely around her waist...but is still obsessed with her weight...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast