Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New to Wegener world

Quote Originally Posted by seied View Post
    Hi Alysa,

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a protocol for daily Mtx.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/public...2/2005-02-9297

Another:
    http://theconversation.com/weekly-do...en-daily-60322

Ed.
    I guess you are right. (Although my dr. said that daily dose was also ok.)
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I guess you are right. (Although my dr. said that daily dose was also ok.)
    Maybe you'd want to give Mtx in pills another try.
    A combination of weekly Mtx and a daily low dose prednisone might put an end to a smoldering GPA.

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seied View Post
    Maybe you'd want to give Mtx in pills another try.
    A combination of weekly Mtx and a daily low dose prednisone might put an end to a smoldering GPA.
    Thank you for being thoughtful. I got the rtx as both maintenance and treatment. I hated the mtx, it caused me hair falling and many UTI's. It worked but not on the wg.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thank you for being thoughtful. I got the rtx as both maintenance and treatment. I hated the mtx, it caused me hair falling and many UTI's. It worked but not on the wg.
    Well, keep in mind that when you tried it before it was dispensed wrong, so the negative side effects might not be due to the Mtx itself but the wrong daily dose.

Also, I'm taking folic acid every day to prevent my hair from falling off and reduce side effects of Mtx. With the exception of fatigue, it works for me perfectly. I have not lost my hair. I also didn't catch any infections -including cold/flu in an entire year.

I did suffer a flare up right after my (former) rheumatologist made me taper off prednisone completely and would not change the course of treatment to stop the flare up. I was down to a safe 3mg/day back then and now I'm having a very hard time even at as high as 20mg/day. He's no longer my doctor because of that. I'm down to 10mg/day and still have some roving arthritis. I'm hoping I can get back to 3mg/day again.

I would also say that your daily Rx of Mtx is a medical mistake. I'd be careful with that doctor.

Ed.

6. Likes Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123