Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Tiredness Upon Waking And At Night:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Tiredness Upon Waking And At Night:

My recent testing didn't show anemia. Iron wasn't checked. Someone also suggested thyroid. After looking up symptoms though, I don't really see a correlation.
    It's been about a good month now where I don't want to get out of bed - forcing myself. In the evening I'm ready to crash earlier than I really want to. During the bulk of the day (for the most part) I'm fine.
    Maybe depression? Something has been bothering me. Only testing will eliminate things. - David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A Tiredness Upon Waking And At Night:

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    My recent testing didn't show anemia. Iron wasn't checked. Someone also suggested thyroid. After looking up symptoms though, I don't really see a correlation.
    It's been about a good month now where I don't want to get out of bed - forcing myself. In the evening I'm ready to crash earlier than I really want to. During the bulk of the day (for the most part) I'm fine.
    Maybe depression? Something has been bothering me. Only testing will eliminate things. - David
    My neurologist had me get a Fitbit about three years ago when I complained of poor sleep. I have tried all the usual things that help promote good sleep.... no caffeine, cool bedroom, limit screen time two hours before bedtime, no napping during day, etc. The Fitbit shows my sleep is interrupted by restless times all through the night. I also did a sleep study in the hospital, which showed no REM sleep at all that night. That makes you tired! My doctor thinks pain is making it hard for me to sleep. I still have not found a good remedy. I don't know if my issues resonate with you, but it might be good to at least think about how well you are sleeping. My sleep issues started with menopause and got worse with Wegener's.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    ----Arleta

3. Likes Alysia, whatthewhat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arlerta, do to an enlarged prostate, I'm up anyway a few times every night for a few years! It's just been the last month. Leaving library now. Till next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The clinic I attend is issuing a sleep study for me. Almost hope it shows sleep apnea. At least it would be an answer.

6. Likes Arleta, Jaha, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    The clinic I attend is issuing a sleep study for me. Almost hope it shows sleep apnea. At least it would be an answer.
    Hi Tobey,
    Make sure you have a "proper" sleep study. My first study just measured my O2 levels and pulse. The levels were stable all night, BUT this was because I had no sleep as it was on a regular noisy ward.
    I returned for a full sleep study where I was wired up all over, especially my head, was in my own room and was constantly being watched via video. This test showed that I did have sleep apnoea.

I now have a cpap machine. I used to get up about 5 or 6 times a night to go pee. Now with cpap it's once or twice.
    CPAP isn't 100% perfect though. I've had it for about 2 years now and I still find it uncomfortable and hard to get to sleep. Some people get used to it, but I know after 2 years I won't. You also wake with a very dry throat and I seem to get sore throats more often. I have a humidifier attachment which helps, but during colder months, condensation builds up in the tube and makes a loud rattling noise.

Let us know how you get on with the study.
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case you were wondering if cpap has given me more energy or made me feel less tired, I can't really say. I feel worse than when I started using CPAP, but my kidney function has dropped from around 18% to 11%, so it's understandable that I'm even more tired.
    Diagnosed April 1995

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhaustion is a big part of Wegs. There are nights that I can't go to sleep, even when taking my medication to sleep. My Doc always questions me about how I'm sleeping. I wish you all the best with your testing and hope you get some relief soon.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have similar symptoms. if I don't get to bed by 10 most nights I enter into a zombie-like State. like I'm so tired my brain starts shutting down even while awake. mornings are the same, extremely difficult to get out of bed.
    I struggled for years wondering if my symptoms were real or part of my new depressed State.
    a couple of years ago I found out my testosterone levels were severely depressed. I take a shot for it now but I still struggle with fatigue. one of my Drs wants to increase the dosage to see if it helps, but there is a risk it will mess up my prostate even more. I was only about 45 or so when all this took place. they thought I was too young to be low on T. yet here I am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilders: the fatigue is indirectly related, right? the cpap's purpose being to give one better, more restful sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greenjeep: has the shot helped at all?? if another shot messes up your prostate more, how exactly does it mess things up? maybe a testosterone test is need for me. r u speaking of an enlarged prostate and do you take meds? which one if so?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast