Thread: A Tiredness Upon Waking And At Night:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A Tiredness Upon Waking And At Night:

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    gilders: the fatigue is indirectly related, right? the cpap's purpose being to give one better, more restful sleep.
    Hi Tobey. The fatigue is related to drop in kidney function, not using CPAP. As you rightly state CPAP should give me more restful sleep, but no matter how much quality sleep I get, I'm still very tired all day due to kidneys.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    greenjeep: has the shot helped at all?? if another shot messes up your prostate more, how exactly does it mess things up? maybe a testosterone test is need for me. r u speaking of an enlarged prostate and do you take meds? which one if so?
    sorry, checked out for a while. the shot brought my T levels back within range but if it has helped with the fatigue, it has only been slight.
    it can cause swelling in prostate, and increased risk of prostate cancer. mine tends to be swollen anyway so... but I haven't noticed a change there.
    I agree with others, major component of fatigue I've been told is kidney damage. but that Dr wanted to increase the T dose just to see if I responded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has there been any change in your fatigue? Mine is definitely worse right now. I think mine fluctuates with the weather sometimes. I also think stress causes me to become exhausted.
    I've talked to all my doctors about it and they just not their heads. for me right now, that's my biggest issue. Not a very big deal in the grand scheme of things, but causes stress, I then worry about a flare or something, and on and on like an avalanche. I guess it's like a panic attack.

I'll be your huckleberry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for many of us Weggies fatigue is the norm. It may be just a major component of the illness but many of us have other factors that contribute or can cause fatigue by themselves. The meds we take can have fatigue as a side effect. Many of us have organ damage from the Wegs, and kidney damage and lung damage cause fatigue. I also have diabetes that causes as many or even more problems at times than the Wegs. And the stress of having to manage major chronic illnesses can cause fatigue. Fatigue is often a major indicator of a flare happening too.

Steroids like pred can offset feelings fatigue and cause an illusion of having lots of energy but when those effects wear off we often crash and then feel totally spent and need to rest up cause we have over done things.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

5. Likes Masha, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greenjeep View Post
    has there been any change in your fatigue? Mine is definitely worse right now. I think mine fluctuates with the weather sometimes. I also think stress causes me to become exhausted.
    I've talked to all my doctors about it and they just not their heads. for me right now, that's my biggest issue. Not a very big deal in the grand scheme of things, but causes stress, I then worry about a flare or something, and on and on like an avalanche. I guess it's like a panic attack.

I'll be your huckleberry.
    So sorry to just be getting back to you, GJ. My only other source to the Internet is the library - and then I get there and it seems there's so much I need to do. Some things I just don't enjoy doing on my phone at all.
    It seems my fatigue has returned. It did for the most part leave, but has returned the last couple of weeks as strong as it was previously. My kidney doc didn't believe originally that it was my kidneys, as my creatnine hasn't changed. I again have wondered if it's low-T, but not having my own insurance it's hard to investigate like I'd like to. Going to ask doc if he will let me do some random blood work testing for things that might help narrow it down. I'd really like to know.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ran across this the other day and thought of everyone on this forum. Check it out.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1OG00O

8. Likes richard052018 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12