A couple prednisone questions, I am on 40mg a day (2 @ 20mg)

I only have taken this once before and it was a 6 day course of Medrol @ 4mg, at the time I remember thinking it was awful and I would never go on it again, oh my that was nothing!

side effects I am having is nausea and diarrhea (but is that from the cyclophosphamide?) I started taking these pills with milk and a banana. I am NOT a morning person and definitely not a breakfast person so having to get up early and put something in my stomach is really difficult. Thoughts on making this easier?

I am not sleeping at all, last night I laid awake for hours! I tried reading some but my mind just kept racing. Hubby is a light sleeper so I just tried to lay there and not bother him, but I may need to try something else.

I have been getting really bloated in the evenings, like a balloon being inflated in my belly. I am trying not too eat too much, but oh my goodness,, insatiable appetite! I've been trying to go more healthy by eating more fruits and veggies, so maybe that is contributing to the bloating, my system is not used to that much fiber.

The other thing is blood sugar levels. Several times I have felt so shaky and almost passing out. Is that too high or too low blood sugar? As I said I am trying to eat more healthy and trying to get enough protein in my diet and not eating things like sweets or processed foods. I have been on a low salt diet for 4 years, so I don't generally eat things like chips or salty snacks, but I'm wondering if with all this fluid I am drinking if my levels my be off some? and would that contribute to being so shaky?

I go for my 1st followup labs tomorrow and see the dr on Mon so will definitely ask these questions..

I went through menopause several years ago and with that all the night sweats, hot flashes etc. I thought I was over that until I started on Prednisone. Waking up in the middle of the night (after finally getting to sleep) drenched in sweat I am normally a hot weather loving person, but just thinking about going outside in this heat makes me sweat. Does this stay the whole course of the drug or does it eventually go away as my system reacts?

Dr said best case scenario is 6-8 weeks and I have done 2 already, I can do this right?

Linda