Newly diagnosed, (see my post on the newbie thread) Dr put me on 100mg cyclophosphamide as (2) 50mg pills a day. His best case scenario is 6-9 months.

I'm having some nausea and diarrhea in the mornings after I take these pills, is that from this or the Prednisone? (40mg day) Dr said to take in the morning as early as possible and drink 100 oz of fluid a day, enough to use the bathroom every 2 hours. I was already a water drinker but 100 oz? that is a lot! I feel like floating away.

He mentioned some hair thinning or loss, what is everyone's experience with hair loss? Is this a high enough dose I need to be concerned? I've always worn my hair long but was considering getting it cut really short if I will be losing it. Also if I were to lose it (or have it thin out) when would I be expecting that to happen? I have been taking this for 2 weeks.

Also about the compromised immune system, does that happen right away? He told me to stay away from people who are sick, which is good it is summertime, so not a lot of colds and flu going around. What kind of time frame am I looking at? Does it happen all at once or gradually? I have never been a germaphobe but now I'm thinking about germs everywhere, grocery carts, door knobs etc, do I need to carry around hand sanitizer?

Thanks all....I feel I have found kindred spirits here!
Linda