This is an issue I've had for a long time. I cannot metabolise oral vitamins (iron, calcium, folic acid, vitamin D, B complex). I get severe stomach cramps and pains for days after even a single dose; this is bad on my heart, which is only pumping at 40% due to damage from WGs or my kidneys which are scarred from the same (had bilateral kidney failure and a heart attack before I got a diagnosis). I don't know if it's the vitamin itself or the fillers, as I cannot get a doctor to listen long enough when I start talking about this issue. I'm in WA and I use the UW clinic nearest me. I was also initially diagnosed at the UW hospital in Seattle. Now, while at the hospital, I was so anaemic and malnourished (medical anorexia) that I could not tolerate food let alone all kind of pills, so everything was done on IV. They gave me Iron, D, B complex and all my medications, staggered throughout the day, and I did not have any trouble absorbing it or tolerating it. In fact, I felt really good and like I was going to make it. I had it from them that that was normal, considering what was wrong with me. But now that I'm stable, I cannot get a doctor to give me vitamins (which I am essentially not producing or absorbing from food) in IV form. They want me to use the oral form. But I can't. Le Sigh. If anyone else has any suggestions, aside from switching doctors (I've done that 4+ times already in 3 years) I would be very, very thankful. :glare: