Thread: High calcium in urine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default High calcium in urine

Hi.

I hope everyone is doing good. It is too quiet around here and I miss you, my friends.

I got higher then the normal - calcium in urine of 24 hours. The normal is under 250 and mine is 306. Does anyone else have it ?

I read a long list of possible reasons, one is steroids. I am on both pred 5mg and budezon 6mg. Can it be related ?

(I dont eat that much calcium).

Can it be related to wg ?

Other reasons in the list are not so nice... is there anything else that I need to check now ?

I sent an email to my endocrinologist but didnt get any answer from him. Yet ?

Thank you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

2. Likes BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: High calcium in urine

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi.

I hope everyone is doing good. It is too quiet around here and I miss you, my friends.

I got higher then the normal - calcium in urine of 24 hours. The normal is under 250 and mine is 306. Does anyone else have it ?

I read a long list of possible reasons, one is steroids. I am on both pred 5mg and budezon 6mg. Can it be related ?

(I dont eat that much calcium).

Can it be related to wg ?

Other reasons in the list are not so nice... is there anything else that I need to check now ?

I sent an email to my endocrinologist but didnt get any answer from him. Yet ?

Thank you.
    I wonder are you developing kidney stones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The medicine angle rings a faint bell, but I am sorry I don't remember specifics, and I don't have my notes anymore. While you wait for the doc to get back to you, what about your water intake? Has it been hotter lately where you are? Just thoughts. (& best wishes & hugs!)

6. Likes BenHornsby, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Natti and WTW. I drink colder lately but maybe we have too much stone in our poor water ?

The endocrinologist called me and said that it is prob a result of the pred ...

Dr. : how long are you going to take it ?

Me : all my life ?

So he wants me to repeat the urine test a month later and then to come for a check. The good news are that my parathyroid is ok.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An update: I repeated the test of calcium in urine taken during 24 hours, a month later. Now it came extremely higher: 429. So, not good.

I went to see my endocrinologist. He doesnt know what it means. He said to stop the calcium pills for a month and repeat the test. He said it might be because of the calcium pills. He said it can also be the result of the steroids. Then he started to scratch his head and checked a lot in the computer and said something like wondering if it can be WG related. He didnt want to explain what he suspected.

He sent me to do ultrasound of the kidneys which I did today. My creatinine is fine. He said that the risk of high calcium in urine is kidneys' stones.

Does anyone here had/ have such high calcium in urine/ 24 hours collection ?

Does anyone here have any WG involvement which is related to this findings ?

Any thoughts are welcome.

I will see my wg dr. next month so I hope he will have some answers.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to see my wg dr. I told him about the endocrinologist's question, and if the high calcium in the urine might be related to wg. He said that it is not related to taking steroids. He explained to me that the kidneys are consisted from glomerulus and tubules. Creatinine checks only the glomerulus so although my creatinine is ok, it is a possibility that wg affects my kidneys' tubules. Even if it does, he is not concerened about it.
    I will check again the calcium in the urine next week, after not taking the calcium pills almost a month now.

I have weired pains, in my legs and pelvis and I wonder if it might be because I stopped the calcium pills ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

11. Likes Aneinu, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that. Hope things become clearer and you begin to feel better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you have stopped your calcium tablets, you should have a bone density scan, to see how the bones are coping.

Hopefully your leg and pelvis pains, don't last very long, and they are just getting used to the idea of no added calcium
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

15. Likes Aneinu, seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Now that you have stopped your calcium tablets, you should have a bone density scan, to see how the bones are coping.

Hopefully your leg and pelvis pains, don't last very long, and they are just getting used to the idea of no added calcium
    Thanks Michelle, you are very kind ❤

I only stopped the calcium pills until doing the test to see if it might be their impact. I will do the test next week.

The pains are almost gone. I checked also in my colitis group and in turned out some have those pains when the stomach is too crazy (mine was for couple of days).

I tend to think that everyrhing is WG related... but it is not.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

17. Likes Aneinu, mishb, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thanks Michelle, you are very kind ❤

I only stopped the calcium pills until doing the test to see if it might be their impact. I will do the test next week.

The pains are almost gone. I checked also in my colitis group and in turned out some have those pains when the stomach is too crazy (mine was for couple of days).

I tend to think that everyrhing is WG related... but it is not.

I think we all tend to blame WG first
    Hopefully next weeks test will be all clear
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

19. Likes Aneinu, BenHornsby, Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast