Quote Originally Posted by NatriceRomeo View Post
I don’t want to be a downer and am reluctant to say this... I knew a woman who’s husband was on methotrexate (for kidney transplant- not GPA and I do not know if this is due to the methotrexate or not. However I do know methotrexate is associated with congenital abnormalities- at one point I was on it). She had 2 kids and both passed away from pulmonary hypertension. . I think it would be smart to speak to your Dr and collect information. I wish you luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of info out there about this drug, and there doctor should have warned them.

Is it safe for a man to use methotrexate whilst attempting to father a child?

Methotrexate inhibits the synthesis of DNA and may cause birth defects when taken by women during certain stages of pregnancy.
There have therefore been theoretical concerns that use of methotrexate in men might cause genetic mutations (spelling mistakes in DNA) in sperm that could affect the development of a baby. It takes approximately three months for a sperm to form. Men taking methotrexate are therefore advised not to conceive for six months after stopping methotrexate. This is to allow methotrexate to be cleared from the body and for new sperm to develop in a methotrexate-free environment.
http://www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/...age=en&print=y