Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
Hi Lynette, welcome. I am the mother to a young woman who has Wegener's (she was diagnosed 5 years ago at age 14.) I remember where I was the first time I read the forum after her diagnosis. After I got my feet under me, I have tried to be a light for others like the forum members have been for me. I have found the search engine to be extremely useful, and recommend it to other parents of pediatric-onset WG; I know you will find ways to both use the forum and then also be helpful to others, in time. Meanwhile please be gentle with yourself. Caregivers and support personnel can really have a tough time with it. I know at some point I needed to limit the hours I was on the forum or in FB WG groups because I was having anxiety and depression take hold of me. I needed balance. (Along with sleep and exercise and time with friends etc etc etc!) hugs to you
Hello, Thank you so much for reaching out to me! I so appreciate hearing from others that understand...Whether they are a patient or caregiver. So much to learn and understand! Thank you for your kind words. I have come to the conclusion that you are right! We caregivers must do things for ourselves. Not to be selfish, but to keep ourselves whole. Giving you a hug right back