Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: fairly new member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peachyhugsgina View Post
    nasal ulcers off and on since 2003. I have been on all kinds of ointments to apply into the nose, antibiotics, anti fungals, anti virals, and none of the above corrected the problem.
    That is because they are a symptom of Wegs. Get that sorted and the problems will go away.
    Easier said than done I know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, nasal crusting and ulcers are pretty much a classic symptom of WG nasal involvement. Why is your doc giving you mtx by infusion rather than pills, especially if you are hard to stick? Just curious. Good luck with your CT...even if it shows nothing (and mine showed the slightest of groundglass nodules, practically non-existent) don't let that rule out the WGs...that cost me more than six months of a delay in diagnosis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gina, sounds like active signs of WG. Also with pitting edema, need to check the heart too. Gina, you are doing great being persistent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago, and have a short gut, with a great deal of malabsorption. I am not getting mtx infusions, but injections weekly. The rheumy feels that I won't absorb the pills very well, and the injected is a better delivery method for the medication for me.
    Peachy hugs,
    Gina

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably should mention the pitting edema to my primary care doctor and get a referral to a cardiologist as well, since we have moved and my old cardiologist is booked into next year, and over 2 hours away. I probably should have one closer by.
    Peachy hugs,
    Gina

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always a good idea to get baseline heart tests with WG. I just had my first EKG (having surgery next week). Even though the surgeon didn't require it, my rheumo did because of my diagnosis before he would write the letter clearing me for surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gina, definitely get the edema thoroughly checked. It may be caused by active Wegs but all other causes must be ruled out. You should have an echocardiogram done annually if you have Wegs, no matter what areas are involved. Heart involvement is not common, but it occurs silently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another post from Danny-with-no-Wegs in a thread mentioning gastric bypass. Danny this is not a site to sell products or solutions.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannycraw4rd View Post
    Can you please share here some more symptoms of wegs?
    GO TO HELL DANNY
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    And another post from Danny-with-no-Wegs in a thread mentioning gastric bypass. Danny this is not a site to sell products or solutions.
    Lisa, Jack passed away more then a year ago
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast