Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Read it Like a Novel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Read it Like a Novel

Last week when I returned from my insomnia induced infusion I thought I would glance at this site before I read my book. First, thank you Andrew for giving me a place of support and understanding. Y’all have bonded beautiful friendships. I only hope I can be a tag along after you have had years together. Some of you have gone to the other side and returned to tell about it. To read these past threads together, I see hope, pain, love, loss and laughter. I truly understand how this disease has changed you for the better. In my early twenties I went through a car window and demolished my face. No it was no fun, just like Wegeners is not a walk in the park. BUT, suddenly I grew up and I have been able to live a life full of appreciation and empathy for others. That was my Aha moment.
    In 68 years I have learned life is changing constantly, and the best way to survive is to do the best you can with what you have to work with. This is the same message I got from your threads. It is not always easy to be positive, but that will get you the best results.
    I sit in judgement of no one, nor do I want anyone to sit in judgement of me. I really don’t know why I have this disease, so many things have gone through my mind.
    What I do know for sure is that I am stretching my arms across the miles, over the mountains and past the oceans to give you all a big hug. By coming to this site to question, to comfort and to share YOU ARE THE WINNERS!
    Be well,
    Masha

2. Likes gilders, Pete, drz, Dirty Don, Keith, Arleta, me2, seied, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Read it Like a Novel

<sniffle><tear>

You made my day!

Thanks Masha!!!!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

4. Likes Arleta, Jaha, Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really glad that you found this wonderful group, welcome to the forum. I would not have been able to navigate through this journey without all these great people. Please take care of yourself and keep reading and asking questions! I'm wishing all the best with your journey.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

6. Likes Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Masha,
    Thank you so much for your beautiful touching and so true words. Tears here as well...
    Yes, we have many novels inside this forum. One of them is the story of my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil. I met him here and I am forever grateful to andrew for creating and keeping this place.
    The forum used to be much more active before my sweetie passed away. Sadly, we have more beautiful friends who passed: Barbara, Jack, Al, Lightwarrior and some others. We also have wonderful stories of remission, of creativity, of meetings of weggies over the oceans and more. Each story is so touching and inspiring. I am a friend in another forum, of colitis, and also in professional forums but NO forum ever is as good as this one. This one is the best on earth (we now have a paralel forum also up there in heaven).
    I am glad that you have joined us. It is a family and home here.
    I didnt say it for a long time, but you reminded me: Thank you all, my friends, for being here. Keep on fighting. I love you. God bless you all ❤
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes mishb, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Last week when I returned from my insomnia induced infusion I thought I would glance at this site before I read my book. First, thank you Andrew for giving me a place of support and understanding. Y’all have bonded beautiful friendships. I only hope I can be a tag along after you have had years together. Some of you have gone to the other side and returned to tell about it. To read these past threads together, I see hope, pain, love, loss and laughter. I truly understand how this disease has changed you for the better. In my early twenties I went through a car window and demolished my face. No it was no fun, just like Wegeners is not a walk in the park. BUT, suddenly I grew up and I have been able to live a life full of appreciation and empathy for others. That was my Aha moment.
    In 68 years I have learned life is changing constantly, and the best way to survive is to do the best you can with what you have to work with. This is the same message I got from your threads. It is not always easy to be positive, but that will get you the best results.
    I sit in judgement of no one, nor do I want anyone to sit in judgement of me. I really don’t know why I have this disease, so many things have gone through my mind.
    What I do know for sure is that I am stretching my arms across the miles, over the mountains and past the oceans to give you all a big hug. By coming to this site to question, to comfort and to share YOU ARE THE WINNERS!
    Be well,
    Masha
    Thanks Masha

Big hugs to every1, sometimes we need reminding how special every1 is and you just did that...

And yes Andrew I can't say it enough thanks so much for your efforts in keeping this forum alive (if I can ever be of help on this...)

Ben ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ben

Diagnosed in 2013

Never, never, never give up! (Winston Churchill)

What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.... (Not found out yet)

10. Likes Alysia liked this post