Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anniversary

It's been 8 years today that my pituitary was removed and I was dx’ed with Wegener’s…. A lot has happened since then. I'm certainly glad I had the support of the this forum during that time. Currently, I'm feeling tip-top and finally able to do the things I want, but feeling this well has only been for the past 6 months. I hope it continues. All indications are that the major battles might be over unless I have a flare. My drugs have been decreased to just 17/day and my rheumy said he doesn't need to see me for a year. So, things are going reasonably well -- which is why you don't see me on the forum very often anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    It's been 8 years today that my pituitary was removed and I was dx’ed with Wegener’s…. A lot has happened since then. I'm certainly glad I had the support of the this forum during that time. Currently, I'm feeling tip-top and finally able to do the things I want, but feeling this well has only been for the past 6 months. I hope it continues. All indications are that the major battles might be over unless I have a flare. My drugs have been decreased to just 17/day and my rheumy said he doesn't need to see me for a year. So, things are going reasonably well -- which is why you don't see me on the forum very often anymore.
    But we still love you just the same. Best wishes for for fun and less medical problems. Enjoy
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

3. Likes whatthewhat, annekat, Jaha, Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vdub

Great news!! Hoping all continues to go well for you!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

5. Likes whatthewhat, annekat, Jaha, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah smiling Hard at this great news Vaughn!! so glad you can get out and about as I know you have itchy feet!! Hope to see you this side of the Atlantic some day soon. Hope the MG is set for an airing shortly??

7. Likes Pete, annekat, Jaha, Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean this in the nicest possible way - your absence is awesome! Congratulations! You have helped so many through your work on this forum, and a break from having WG foremost in your thoughts is super good news.

9. Likes Pete, annekat, Jaha, Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much, guys! And, yes Geoff, the UK is on the radar. We did a Panama Canal cruise in Feb. Went from Ft Lauderdale, through the canal, and up to San Francisco. And, we just got back from two weeks in Kauai. We left Kauai on the Saturday night just as all the flooding rain was hitting the north side. They got 24" in 24 hrs and it didn't stop there -- heavy rain and flooding continued for about a week. I think we'll go to Guam in October and then UK/Germany. We'll see how plans develop and you will definitely be notified.

11. Likes annekat, Jaha, Geoff, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Great news, vdub, and I hope not to see you here much if it means you are continuing to do well. How fortunate you and your wife are to be able to do all that traveling without much thought of possible health issues. When you make it to the UK, I will no doubt see it documented by Geoff here and on Facebook.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

13. Likes Jaha, Geoff, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Anne. It is really tough to plan for all my drugs on our trips. I still take 17 a day. I have one drug that is an injection and I get nervous going to other countries with needles, but I've never had a problem. Another thing that makes me nervous is carrying drugs without prescriptions. I can't possibly carry all the different bottles, so I pre-load weekly pill minder boxes and I'll carry 5 or 6 weeks worth of drugs. Again, I haven't had a problem with any customs. I guess my kind of drugs aren't in great demand by the junkies. Getting back into the US is generally the most difficult, but we have Nexus cards and those seem to help speed us on our way. Regardless of what we do, I still have to be back home every 3 months to get an injection of one of my drugs. So, we try to plan our trips accordingly. After 8 years, its all reasonably routine at this point.

15. Likes Jaha, annekat, Pete, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy survivor'versary vdub

Back in 2010/2011 (and probably some others years as well), who would have thought that you would be feeling so great.
    I know that it was something that we all hoped and prayed for - and here you are.

Super amazing, and if it's so great, then stay away as long as you can - and who knows, maybe you will come to Oz one day
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

17. Likes Jaha, Geoff, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good news, after all the ups and downs. I am so glad you are doing fun things now. I am also at eight years this month for my lung resection and am slowly coming out of the worst. Keep taking good care of yourself and enjoy all the life you can!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

19. Likes Geoff, Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast