Congratulations!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Thanks, Anne. It is really tough to plan for all my drugs on our trips. I still take 17 a day. I have one drug that is an injection and I get nervous going to other countries with needles, but I've never had a problem. Another thing that makes me nervous is carrying drugs without prescriptions. I can't possibly carry all the different bottles, so I pre-load weekly pill minder boxes and I'll carry 5 or 6 weeks worth of drugs. Again, I haven't had a problem with any customs. I guess my kind of drugs aren't in great demand by the junkies. Getting back into the US is generally the most difficult, but we have Nexus cards and those seem to help speed us on our way. Regardless of what we do, I still have to be back home every 3 months to get an injection of one of my drugs. So, we try to plan our trips accordingly. After 8 years, its all reasonably routine at this point.
    Oh, well I hadn't thought about the drugs... Sounds like a hassle, but one you are used to. The few I take are nothing compared to that, and it's hard to imagine going through that routine all the time while traveling. But we do look forward to hearing about some of your adventures, and I'm glad your health issues will not stand in the way of those!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I count four of us in this thread that all joined in 2010. Amazing we are still all here and active in the forum. We have seen many members come and go, some who were very active and greatly missed. So it is great to see some with impressive recovery and active life style.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

5. Likes Pete, annekat, John S, Dirty Don, Jaha, Geoff, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done vdub, all the best, enjoy the trekking, hope that red car of yours is getting plenty of use.

Regards Woz...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    the UK is on the radar.
    What about Israel ? We have enough pred here
    Congratulations vdub, I am so happy for you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes Jaha, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news! Enjoy your travels, our difficult journeys make the good times even sweeter!

10. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would absolutely love to come to Israel! I can't imagine it would cost all that much to hop over from France or Germany. I need to keep it in mind. Thanks, vw

12. Likes Jaha, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread made my day ;-) most posts are questions or problems and to read the positive side of this exclusive club..

Congrats VW long may it last and look forward to hearing your advise and tips about traveling with the drugs..

Ben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ben

Diagnosed in 2013

Never, never, never give up! (Winston Churchill)

What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.... (Not found out yet)

14. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Jana! My endocrinologist jumped on the band wagon two weeks ago and told me she didn't want to see for a year, too. So now I'm down to just 3 doctors. Things are looking up. I'm a little miffed though because the 8 years taken away from me were 59-67 -- prime years for retirement. Oh well, I should be happy with what I have.

The other day at the hospital, I got the comment we all love so much. A nurse was looking through my records and couldn't believe I had so much wrong with and then she said it, "But you look so good on the outside!" Yeah, we hear that a lot.

16. Likes Dirty Don, Pete, seied, Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, having met you, I have to concur that you look hale and hearty, despite all your challenges.

I just saw a new rheumatologist up here. She has THREE autoimmune disorders herself, and trained under the last guy I saw in Seattle, so I have some confidence that she knows her stuff. Now waiting for lab results to see if she concurs I am in drug free remission or should go back on MTX or something else. Based on the amount of blood I gave up, it seems she is testing me for every known AI disease.

Take care.

18. Likes Pete, seied, Alysia, Jaha liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast