Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One year in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: One year in

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Those pies look awesome!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes John S, Alysia, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delicious. I recommend them to all patients. I'm not sure that Medicare will cover them but mileage should be tax deductible as they are a true medical expense.

4. Likes Jaha, Pete, seied, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm heading to Cleveland for another RTX treatment. That should take care of the Wegie Monster for another 5-6 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the second treatment for this round on Tuesday. Dr. ila-Forte explained why the treatments come in pairs but I'm still not sure I understand. Whenever I go to the Cleveand Clinic, I stay at the Intercontinental Suites. For some reason, I can't sleep the at all after getting the treatment and sit up till 4 or 5 in the morning while my wife sleeps i the bedroom.
    Besides sleeplessness, My left arm and shoulder ache terribly the night of treatment. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John,

The sleeplessness probably results from the high dose of steroids before the rtx. I don’t know about the other symptoms.

When I stay overnight for a treatment, I stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic. It’s nice and was much cheaper than the Intercontinental. It offers free shuttle service to the Clinic sites.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a Rituximab infusion yesterday and couldn't sleep again last night. They must pack some Prednisone or similar in the drug. I noticed that my blood sugar shot up too despite the fact that I had not eaten much. Drove back from Cleveland to Chicago today and hope to R&R tomorrow so that I feel I balance again.
    I'll be back in Cleveland for another infusion in two weeks but Dr. Villa Forte told me in at the rate I'm going the next round will only have one treatment.

10. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I had a Rituximab infusion yesterday and couldn't sleep again last night. They must pack some Prednisone or similar in the drug. I noticed that my blood sugar shot up too despite the fact that I had not eaten much. Drove back from Cleveland to Chicago today and hope to R&R tomorrow so that I feel I balance again.
    I'll be back in Cleveland for another infusion in two weeks but Dr. Villa Forte told me in at the rate I'm going the next round will only have one treatment.
    What is the date of your next rtx? I’ll be at CC on 10/30 for mine.

And yes, you get a dose of steroids with rtx along with Benadryl. I am generally wakeful the night following the infusion and a little tired the next.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

12. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What is the date of your next rtx? I’ll be at CC on 10/30 for mine.

And yes, you get a dose of steroids with rtx along with Benadryl. I am generally wakeful the night following the infusion and a little tired the next.

10/23 I get my next jolt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12