Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Infusion today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Infusion today

Just finished my second infusion of my second series. I will be wired tonight, followed by a few days of aches, pains and blahs. Last week the Prednisone did its job, just not directly in a Wegeners way. We had a broken garbage can we had been trying to get the garbage company to replace-unsuccessfully. After my infusion I called them. No, I did not holler, scream or use profanity, nor did I give up. Within two hours the truck was here to switch out garbage cans.
    Today I was very woozy afterwards. Fortunately my husband drove. I called to order Italian takeout—-but I think my hearing had been taken out. When I asked what was the soup of the day, I thought the gentle Italian man was saying Campbell’s, by the third try my brain put together Clam Bisque.....anyone else confused and wired after infusion?
    Masha

2. Likes seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Infusion today

Hi Masha,
    I am glad you are done with this round of rtx. I had my second IV of this round a week before yours. I also become very tired and achy in the first month after the rtx. I try to rest more although it is not allways possible.

I am glad you made them take the garbage, they should have done it before

As for the food order: being too tired can sure make us confused. But it might also be an issue of hearing. Does your wg affect your ears ? Do you usually hear well ? I had ears involvment at the beginning and ears pains are some of my smoldering symptoms. I am supposed to go for a hearing test on May. Sometimes I dont hear well enough and few months ago my ENT took out huge wax from one ear which made me hear much better.

When on high preds/ steroids my cooking skills are much better
    Last edited by Alysia; 04-08-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia,
    I still have two more sessions to go with this round of infusions. I have learned my lesson after over doing everything after my fall series of infusions. I want so desperately for this to work, that I have promised myself to adjust to the new normal of Wegener's. I have learned so much from this site. All of that prednisone has given me a false sense of energy to take on far too many projects, then I collapse. Being retired there is no need for me to want to do it all. Old habits die hard.
    My ENT just checked my ears and they are fine. I just come out of those infusions kind of woozy, and I am normally a little loopy anyway.
    Masha

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Just finished my second infusion of my second series. I will be wired tonight, followed by a few days of aches, pains and blahs. Last week the Prednisone did its job, just not directly in a Wegeners way. We had a broken garbage can we had been trying to get the garbage company to replace-unsuccessfully. After my infusion I called them. No, I did not holler, scream or use profanity, nor did I give up. Within two hours the truck was here to switch out garbage cans.
    Today I was very woozy afterwards. Fortunately my husband drove. I called to order Italian takeout—-but I think my hearing had been taken out. When I asked what was the soup of the day, I thought the gentle Italian man was saying Campbell’s, by the third try my brain put together Clam Bisque.....anyone else confused and wired after infusion?
    Masha
    Mmmmmm Clam Bisque.....I do not get confused when it comes to culinary delights! I hope the rest of your treatments go well and you begin to feel better with great energy! Stay positive... Cheers!