User Tag List

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Your Blood Cell Size May Help Predict Poor Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis Outcomes

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your Blood Cell Size May Help Predict Poor Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis Outcomes

Interesting read ---> Differences in red blood cell size may help predict how active a blood vessel condition called granulomatosis with polyangiitis will be, and whether patients are likely to have a poor outcome, a South Korean study suggests.

Link: https://ancavasculitisnews.com/2018/...ood-cell-size/

Whether results lead to good use or not, It is good to see research around the world being conducted and thinking outside the box, of which you don’t see from certain foundations here in the States.

2. Likes seied, whatthewhat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Your Blood Cell Size May Help Predict Poor Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis Outco

Very interesting! And, yes, good to see that research is continuing....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Your Blood Cell Size May Help Predict Poor Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis Outco

Quote Originally Posted by Bing505z View Post
    Interesting read ---> Differences in red blood cell size may help predict how active a blood vessel condition called granulomatosis with polyangiitis will be, and whether patients are likely to have a poor outcome, a South Korean study suggests.

Link: https://ancavasculitisnews.com/2018/...ood-cell-size/.......
    Thanks for the url. Reading through, it eventually lead to other url links - of prior and current research (or theories) updates done in N. America, conjoined with other countries. Still reading, and very informative. Much of the medical jargon is quite scientific and not in layman terms, which may be difficult to follow. I am not sure why this never came up in any of my google search. Thanks Bing505z!
    https://ancavasculitisnews.com/2017/...of-vasculitis/ -H.
    Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence - Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Thanks for the url. Reading through, it eventually lead to other url links - of prior and current research (or theories) updates done in N. America, conjoined with other countries. Still reading, and very informative. Much of the medical jargon is quite scientific and not in layman terms, which may be difficult to follow. I am not sure why this never came up in any of my google search. Thanks Bing505z!
    https://ancavasculitisnews.com/2017/...of-vasculitis/ -H.
    They will need to replicate this study with much larger numbers before it will offer much help in diagnosis and treatment of GPA.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting research. I checked my RDW and found out that indeed during 2 flares it was around 15-16%. But during my biggest flare it was only 14.5%.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow; my rdw was up around 16 to 16.5 when I was having what probably was a lung flair. I had a lot of nodules then on ct scan and they almost all went away since then after hospitalization with iv prednisone and some antibiotics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I googled a bit and high rdw can also be associated with inflamation which accompanies Wegeners.

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On my first visit to the Rheumo I took my recent blood tests from my GP and the red blood cell size was the only thing on it that was in normal range. Everything else was out of whack. I'll check that out.