I became permanently disabled following cochlear implantation (CI) when I was "normal" prior to it's surgery. CI surgical methods are different from Baha. All my issues prior, were infection symptoms... very aligned to Wegeners, but none of the Drs. or ENTs bothered to investigate, examine, test in ENT health to try resolve. There's more profit with sick patients. What could I do? I could not get any help, did not have proper tests... my only option given was to do a $100,000 implant device as my -only- treatment of care. I could not even get antibiotics. I was told the CI would resolve my chronic symptoms... instead I became disabled. I physically cannot function well. I had no idea at the time of all the other tests and options an ENT/audiologists could have provided in the first place to at least try help, but they are unable to make profitable incentives that way...only from very expensive corporation devices. Now? Much, much worse. It's chronic and I now cannot get any help at all for my worsening, ongoing suffering... even for breathing/nose issues because of this disabling device carved into my head. I have a huge hole also drilled out of my mastoid bone that hurts. My ear and cochlea are damaged by the cutting, drilling, the insertion of the receiver, and electrode, which added major symptoms to my prior lesser ones. None of the ENTs will help since because they report this as "complicated" without looking, claiming to suddenly not have the ENT background/degree/knowledge to examine, look or communicate, when they advised the CI in the first place. They got the money and ran. I learned over time, that I am one of many, horribly suffering with similar symptoms. All of it not reported. -H.