Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lung nodules

Who all has had lung nodules show up on a ct? My report says 4mm nodule in upper right and 4mm nodule in right base. Compared with a scan done one year ago-there were no nodules then. Umm...my appointment is tuesday, most of my research says these are pretty tiny to do much with except look again in several months. But those were not weggies.

2. Likes Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lung nodules

I had lung nodules 7 years when I relapsed. Thankfully after treatment they went away and I havent had a problem with them since. I don't remember what size they were. I had to up my dosage of cellcept in order for them to disappear. Good luck at your doctor appt!

4. Likes im so blessed, Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had lung nodules when I was first diagnosed, and they were a part of the diagnosis. They disappeared very quickly after my treatments of prednisone and other meds were administered. No problems now! Prayers your way --

6. Likes im so blessed, Lilly, bricky, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a lot of nodules in cat scans with the biggest being 1.3 cm. That one is now size .6 cm as of last cat scan in Dec. I had something called tree in bud pattern of nodules which at first the pulmonary doctor thought was a microbacterial infection non tb but now thinks since that pattern has disappeared the nodules could have been wegs but he said one could never know without a biopsy. Normally they do repeat cat scans over varying patterns to see if they grow or remain the same. I think I read that about 10% of nodules found on cat scans disappear over time for whatever reason.

8. Likes im so blessed, Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaD1 View Post
    I have had a lot of nodules in cat scans with the biggest being 1.3 cm. That one is now size .6 cm as of last cat scan in Dec. I had something called tree in bud pattern of nodules which at first the pulmonary doctor thought was a microbacterial infection non tb but now thinks since that pattern has disappeared the nodules could have been wegs but he said one could never know without a biopsy. Normally they do repeat cat scans over varying patterns to see if they grow or remain the same. I think I read that about 10% of nodules found on cat scans disappear over time for whatever reason.
    Hi, I had a CT scan of lungs about 2 years ago...and it said the same type of tree branch with spiculated spots or pattern.....I have a copy of that ctscan somewhere. I'm going to share it when I find it. It was taken when I began having lung problems...and my cardiologist has repeated it once a year, with no change. But to back track to 1990 when I was diagnosed after being sick for a year....I had several large tumors in my lungs. I had a needle lung biopsy and it came back non cancerous, and after treatment with Cytoxan and prednisone, they all shrunk up to little spots the size of raisins. One in my left upper lobe did not shrink as much, but it has also remained unchanged. After feeling safe with my lungs being unchanged for years, that ct scan 2 years ago really freaked me out!! Something that looks like a tree is in my lungs??? Arrrrgggghhhh.....what a frustrating disease!!! If my lungs change, Ill definitely post it for anyone who can use the information. Love to all.....
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi im so blessed, I had several tumors in 1990 when I was admitted to the hospital, and in the process of trying to diagnose me, I had a needle lung biopsy into one of the tumors. I came back non cancerous, and I guess it was positive for wegeners. After the treatment of Cytoxan and prednisone, they all shrunk up into little spots of scar tissue. They remained like that for many years. My lungs have started to become more involved with problems of asthma and COPD issues, which could just be years of damage over 28 years of the disease, and is just now starting to show up. My tumors have not returned...but my ctscan is not normal so the doctor is keeping his eye on it. This disease is so difficult to understand, isn't it? Ill keep posting any changes, they may help someone. Love you...Lisa
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

12. Likes im so blessed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    My lungs have started to become more involved with problems of asthma and COPD issues, which could just be years of damage over 28 years of the disease, and is just now starting to show up.
    off on a tangent, sorry, but I wanted to bring up the topic of Alpha-1; have you been tested?

14. Likes Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi whatthewhat, I had never heard of that, but looked it up and am very curious. I wish I had seen your post before today, as I had my 3 month appointment with my Rheumy yesterday....I could have questioned him about that. I am interested in how you are tested for it. I will be doing some research. I had no lung problems until I stopped smoking. I smoked off and on and socially only (no packs a day, not that that matters....) but from 19 yrs of age to 50 years of age I smoked. I am 53 now, and have quit completely, I had a bronch 2 yrs ago, and my Dr. said my lungs did not show any serious areas of being effected by wegeners, and did not look like smoker lungs, but he sent the water that he rinsed my lungs with off for culture, and I had MRSA. Even though my smoking was off and on and just socially, I expected some damage from it. About 6 months after I stopped smoking, I started coughing a lot, and testing of my breathing showed I had "asthma" and I have been treated for it ever since. Thank you for the information!! Blessings,
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, lung nodules are a clear sign of disease activity. When I was diagnosed and before each of my relapses I've had them show up on xrays and CT scans and when I'm in remission, they disappear almost completely. In fact, during my last relapse my blood work was completely normal and the only signs of relapse were lung nodules and symptoms. Now I'm getting chest xrays every 3-4 months just to make sure I'm not starting to flare.

Good luck!
    "Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the whole earth revolves—slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life." -Thich Nhat Hanh

17. Likes Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningsunshine View Post
    For me, lung nodules are a clear sign of disease activity. When I was diagnosed and before each of my relapses I've had them show up on xrays and CT scans and when I'm in remission, they disappear almost completely. In fact, during my last relapse my blood work was completely normal and the only signs of relapse were lung nodules and symptoms. Now I'm getting chest xrays every 3-4 months just to make sure I'm not starting to flare.

Good luck!
    That is very interesting that the lung nodules were the only sign it was back. When my nodules disappeared my pr3 returned to almost normal from much higher. Normal is less than 1 and my pr3 no. was just 1 when most of the nodules were gone. It's also scary that the blood work was normal. Does that include inflamation markers - crp or sed rate? thanks!
    T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast