Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Prednisone Side Effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Col 23 View Post
    Hi All, love "Ever stop to think", me at a shopping centre today, couldnt remember why I went there, I knew I needed something. Anyway still very fatigued, bloods look okay, inflamation ESR up from last month but only 45. Still extremely fatigued, 1 big day out takes 3-4 days to regain any energy. Trying hydro therapy but wears me out for the day. All okay just been busy. cheers Col 23
    Hey Col, what is hydro therapy? Is that something to do in a swimming pool?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take an easy Col, I don't like the fact that your tired. How are you otherwise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just gonna post a "Where is Col?" thread.... You've been on my mind! I'm glad you're okay-ish, but it doesn't sound that great.

I've had the same pattern of 1 day out, several days in for a few years now. It's unpredictable though. Since the Wegs got under control, it's usually more like 2-3 days to recover rather than 3-4. I hope it gradually "costs" you fewer days to recover.

Is your hydrotherapy pool warmer than a regular pool? When I went to aquatic PT they used a large therapy pool that was heated to body temp. It felt great--no shock getting in-- but I noticed I'd be wiped out, inflamed and sore afterwards. Even though I didn't immerse my head, my nose would be red and sore after, too. I got kicked out within a few months because I learned all the exercises and was deemed to be strong enough to do it myself. I had a major fit! I didn't know how I'd get to a regular pool and didn't think the cool water would be good for me. But a few days before trying a regular pool, I had a couple of dreams of being in cool water and feeling very good. The dreams were so realistic I knew they were correct. When I finally went it felt exactly like that! Afterwards I didn't get inflamed or feel stiff and I had decent energy, in fact.

They have hot tubs in the same indoor facility, and most people pop into the hot tub after swimming. It does feel really good and it helps me avoid getting chilled on the way to the shower, but I've noticed if I stay in longer than 5 minutes I get the same inflamed, low energy feeling later.

Both the therapy pool and the hot tubs use bromine instead of chlorine. It smells different. Often, just the bromine fumes are very irritating to me--not just a lung thing, but that gut feeling thing.
    Last edited by Sangye; 11-25-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually had one of my worst episodes before diagnosis in a hot tub. Thought it would help with the muscle pain but blacked out when I finally stood up. Was pretty embarassing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand that. I don't take baths (only shower) for the same reason. It takes me a couple of hours to get better after having a bath even though I might enjoy it at the time.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever since I figured out the connection with hot water, I take cooler showers-- as cool as possible without getting chilled. Makes a huge difference in how red I get, and I don't feel drained afterward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will second the notion of using care with hot tubs. I've had one for years and love it. Used it nearly every day. Not so much now because of the Wegs, not as often and not nearly for so long at a time. It does make one feel good while in it but more often than not you feel worse ten minutes after getting out than before getting in (must be that inflamation thing). And, as Psyborg experienced, one can pass out upon standing from a protracted stay in the tub because of a noticably lowered blood presure. The manual that came with my tub warned about staying in too long if you have certain medical conditions (such as BP issues) - - but no mention of WG, of course. So, once again we see the benefits of this forum and the insights to be gleaned herein from those of you who have been travelling this path for quite some time. Thanks for sharing, Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hubby installed a whielpool bath for me after asking sevedal peoples opinion all givunc different advice decided to just try an see found rgat tgree to foue mins max if any longer makes me sljghtly light headed and tited but worth it on a cold day

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213