Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prednisone Side Effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't sound very good, how long on the antibiotics? Do you have a fever? Joint pain? chest pain? Dee Hope your feeling better by tomorrow and enjoy your chip sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dee, I think it sounds more like Wegs than an infection. I hope your doc can figure it out easily this week. Take good care--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks elephant and sangye anti b finish today been on for one week . fever now gone .always have joint pain some days better than others. its the itchy rash and pain in face thats driving me mad i had this two yrs ago when they thought was just celllulitus . preds help with swellling on face and chest could be a long session thurs but need to sort things out . atleast more with the world today and ready for breakfast !!!!!!! thanks again DEEx

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all of you who know: When tapering pred, are you supposed to be more tired and achy for a while? I have jointpain too for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you get below about 10 mg (for most people), you can expect some mild symptoms while trying to taper the pred dose. However, you should stop tapering if things become too bad. I've not been able to get below 10 mg without ear pain and deafness becoming a major problem.

The symptoms of pred withdrawal seem to be different if you forget to take it at your regular time (as I have just done today!). I did not take it this morning and have been feeling increasingly unwell all day - lethargic, aching body and a head ache. I've only just realised what I've done. It is not the first time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jack, that's exactly it, no big deal, but want to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, I'm glad you caught it. I talked to a woman with scleroderma who forgot her pred for a week. She was on 10mg and got really sick. The docs couldn't figure out what was wrong. She was pretty embarrassed about it. But you know how it is-- you can get pretty muddled with all this stuff.

Moyan, I think some joint pain is normal when tapering pred. But you should definitely tell your (lousy) doctor anyway. I have joint pain with Wegs so if I get it with a taper I know it's the Wegs acting up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye. I will not worry unless it starts bothering me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed the difference the second day of decreasing the pred. from 30mgs to 20mgs. The evenings got harder and I was more tired earlier. I spread the doses out to 8 hours apart. So i take the first dose at 630am and the second around 230pm. By 7pm I am ready for bed. Not happening!!!! I have noticed that i am starting to shake more too.
    ended up in the er again this morning with chest pain that was two minutes on and off for over two hours. I had taken my morning meds late, 730am and was in the er by 930pm. They hooked me up patched me with nitro and gave me 4 baby asprin asked for pee in a cup and monitored me til noon than let me go. They said nothing was wrong and everything checked out. So.........................................That was my day with my decreasing pred this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, I don't like the sound of this. Evening exhaustion after taking 10mg pred so late in the day, shaky, chest pain. Did they take blood? Has your glucose been trending high? Please call your rheumy tomorrow morning, okay?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast