User Tag List

Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rituxan side effects better or worse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rituxan side effects better or worse?

I have had RTX infusions since 2013. I think the count is now at 20. I usually have my infusions on a Thursday. I've found that I have a steroid infused insomnia night, the first night. The next day is rough, but mostly resting. Day three for me is the crash day. On that day, I do not want to get out of bed except to eat and go to the bathroom--and I do eat and drink as much as I can tolerate. Once Monday rolls around, I am usually good to go to work full time for the whole week. About 2 weeks after the second infusion (4 weeks from the first one), I have some fatiguing days, but they are just days of feeling run down and tired, nothing more.

That's my experiences.

Mike
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Wednesday I just had my first IV, out of 2, of my every 6 months rtx. Like Mike, I think I had about 20 IV so far. This time I had excellent nurses. They brought me good pillow, 2 blankets, it was quiet this time, so I slept from about 09:30 to 14:30. I woke up only for bp checks, a sandwich or so and back to sleep. I now also ask to get fluids IV before starting rtx and after it, so it keeps me hydrated. Back at home I rested and went again to sleep at 20:00. So many hours of sleep which really helped me not to feel too bad. I think this is the key to bear it, to sleep as much as possible.
    Maybe also I am lucky that the high IV steroids didnt disturb my sleep, only made my cooking better; the day after, the Shefferds' pie turned out yummy
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes Pete, seied, whatthewhat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Maybe also I am lucky that the high IV steroids didn't disturb my sleep, only made my cooking better; the day after, the Shefferds' pie turned out yummy
    Yes, you are lucky! I'm jealous!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep and pie.....happy to hear it.

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    I have had RTX infusions since 2013. I think the count is now at 20. I usually have my infusions on a Thursday. I've found that I have a steroid infused insomnia night, the first night. The next day is rough, but mostly resting. Day three for me is the crash day. On that day, I do not want to get out of bed except to eat and go to the bathroom--and I do eat and drink as much as I can tolerate. Once Monday rolls around, I am usually good to go to work full time for the whole week. About 2 weeks after the second infusion (4 weeks from the first one), I have some fatiguing days, but they are just days of feeling run down and tired, nothing more.

That's my experiences.

Mike
    Interesting. I’m at the 2 weeks after the last Rituxan infusion and feel like crap. Muscle and joint pain and fatigue. I’m hoping I get to move to every 6 months soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12