I was recently diagnosed with a WG flare after many years (with thanks to those who urged me to get to the doctor without delay) and have been scheduled for Rituxan starting next week, once a week for four weeks. My initial treatment in about 1998 was daily Cytoxan pills for many months, which were pretty toxic and had their own side effects, but started making me feel well overall pretty quickly.

When I read the posts about Rituxan here, it sounds like the side effects are somewhat like flu symptoms--fatigue, etc. However, those are the symptoms I am already having from WG. Does Rituxan make those symptoms worse, for those who have taken it? Does it give a subjective feeling of relief before long? Not sure that this question makes sense, and everyone is obviously different, but I'm trying to get a subjective sense from others as to whether it's going to make me feel worse, better, or just substitute some flu-like symptoms for the ones it is relieving!

Also, were you able to drive yourself to the treatments and home? Not entirely sure how much independence I can expect compared to my usual very independent life!