User Tag List

Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Six months in and just taken off Predisone. Retuzin infusions every six months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Six months in and just taken off Predisone. Retuzin infusions every six months.

74 years old and never been sick until six months ago and was diagnosed with Wegeners. After 22 days in Hospital and six months later have made a good recovery. Currently having Retuzin infusions every 6 months. Last one Jan 5, 2018. Taken off Predisone on Jan 5 also. No problems so far. Kidney functions have recovered to about 50% (Creatine level 1.56 on last lab work) Its been hell of a ride so far but hopeful for few more good years.

2. Likes bobjannj, seied, PattyL, Jaha, Keith, me2, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Six months in and just taken off Predisone. Retuzin infusions every six months.

Wow, that's pretty good for your age! I hope things get better again from this pt. on as you got this taken care of right away.
    Do you have any suspicions to what may have suddenly caused it? -Helen

4. Likes bobjannj, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Six months in and just taken off Predisone. Retuzin infusions every six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Wow, that's pretty good for your age! I hope things get better again from this pt. on as you got this taken care of right away.
    Do you have any suspicions to what may have suddenly caused it? -Helen
    No idea. Started with joints aching and becoming stiff. Diagnosed first as having RA. Prednisone prescribed and for about a month was ok and then kidneys and lungs failed. Doctors have no idea cause and took them a few days and several test before deciding it was Wegeners. Cannot express how grateful I am to Stillwater Ok Medical Center and staff for realizing after two days that they could not treat or diagnose and referring me Integers Baptist Hospital in OKC where Doctors and Medical Staff were able to diagnose Wegeners and provide life saving treatments.

6. Likes bobjannj, Jaha, Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are recovering quite well after your treatments. It was very good that they dx'd Wegs and treated it so quickly. I am wishing you all the best with staying well.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

8. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you on methotrexate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk