Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Changing irrigation tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Hi Anne, I have written down the amino acid you take as a supplement...I think you and I have about the same amount of destruction in our sinuses, by the way you describe yours now. I could definitely use something to help the mucous that builds up in my throat and causes me to cough all the time. And I was wondering, unless I am on a high dose of steroids (during a flare) I tend to have a lot of mucous, especially in my ears. Do you have that problem? And if so, does that amino acid help that? Thanks Anne Blessings and love
    Hi, Lilly. I have various problems in my ears but never felt like there was a buildup of mucus in them. Are your eustachian tubes functioning enough to drain it out that way? If so, I think the NAC would help with thinning the mucus so it would drain. I used to use Mucinex or liquid guaifenisen to thin mucus but someone on the forum suggested NAC and I think it works much better if taken regularly. It may take a week or two to notice a difference. I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe or Super Supplements, and it can be found online. I have 600mg capsules and take one twice a day, morning and night. The bottle will say other things about what it is good for, but I know others who can attest to its mucus thinning ability. The good thing about having no sinuses is, according to my ENT, we are no longer subject to sinus infections! Best to you!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by annekat; 01-17-2018 at 03:36 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

2. Likes Lilly, bobjannj, jlove liked this post