User Tag List

Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Winter Rise in Renal AAV Cases, Possibly Due to Infections, Reported in Study

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Winter Rise in Renal AAV Cases, Possibly Due to Infections, Reported in Study

Just after Xmas I flew to Baltimore right in the middle of this arctic blast and you would not believe the people walking around these airports in this season...coughing...sneezing...like a plague. I was holding my breath like no tomorrow trying to maneuver through the crowds in the terminals. I used the hand sanitizer like my life depended on it. Had a whiskey at the bar in the airport and the bartender sneezed...and poof I was gone. Thankfully both my flights there and back, no one was coughing up a lung on the plane...

Keep the purell handy and stay away from the sick if possible to stay healthy....

Patients are more likely to develop anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV) that affects their kidneys in the winter months, likely due to environmental factors that promote disease-triggering infections, a study reports.

https://ancavasculitisnews.com/2017/...spanish-study/

2. Likes seied, bricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Winter Rise in Renal AAV Cases, Possibly Due to Infections, Reported in Study

I'd consider wearing a mask if I were to travel.
    Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Winter Rise in Renal AAV Cases, Possibly Due to Infections, Reported in Study

Quote Originally Posted by seied View Post
    I'd consider wearing a mask if I were to travel.
    Ed.
    I had one on me. No one was losing a lung coughing on the plane so I did not don the mask. Plus lifting the mask to drink my beer would've been a hassle. I will be honest and say when I see people with them on, I'm immediately wondering "what does this freak have"....LOL I am sure some thought the same of me....

5. Likes Lilly, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bing, I just read your post about traveling, and to think that I basically stayed home to avoid the pre-Christmas crowds at the malls, grocery stores, etc. And you were traveling the "friendly skies"!!! I'm not a huge worrier, but my family all got very sick with different illnesses before Christmas, and some settled in their lungs, and so they were very concerned about me getting out. I keep seeing the commercial when they show people coughing, and the cough is a colored cloud....so you can see how far the cough travels away from the person! LOL.....Anyway, my lungs are affected, plus I'm in a flare, so I did avoid going out much. I also carried a mask, thinking, I would put it on in the grocery store......but I never did. I just made sure I did not rub my eyes with my hands that were touching everything. And I would cough into my elbow, and not my hand. So I know how you think you would wear one in public, but then decide....nah.... One issue I have is that a couple of years ago, a bronch showed I had MRSA in my lungs. So, I don't want to go through that again!! Best wishes, and hope you had a good Christmas and a Healthy New Year...Blessings
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

7. Likes seied, Bing505z, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Hi Bing, I just read your post about traveling, and to think that I basically stayed home to avoid the pre-Christmas crowds at the malls, grocery stores, etc. And you were traveling the "friendly skies"!!! I'm not a huge worrier, but my family all got very sick with different illnesses before Christmas, and some settled in their lungs, and so they were very concerned about me getting out. I keep seeing the commercial when they show people coughing, and the cough is a colored cloud....so you can see how far the cough travels away from the person! LOL.....Anyway, my lungs are affected, plus I'm in a flare, so I did avoid going out much. I also carried a mask, thinking, I would put it on in the grocery store......but I never did. I just made sure I did not rub my eyes with my hands that were touching everything. And I would cough into my elbow, and not my hand. So I know how you think you would wear one in public, but then decide....nah.... One issue I have is that a couple of years ago, a bronch showed I had MRSA in my lungs. So, I don't want to go through that again!! Best wishes, and hope you had a good Christmas and a Healthy New Year...Blessings
    Hi Lilly,

I know how you feel, I would not go anywhere with a flare or after treatments that lowered my immune system. In the grocery store lol, someone in the same aisle as me sneezes or coughs ....I'm headed the other way. I was dinning out and the waitress was sniffing...I had to leave..no way she is handling my dinner lol. GPA has turned me into Howard Hughes, if you understand the reference...but not at that OCD level yet. Air travel is the worse...breathing the same cabin air...definitely bring a mask. I was on a 10 hour flight from Istanbul back to the States with my 8 month old son a few months ago and he kept pulling my mask off, but it worked. Cheers!

9. Likes Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, what we go through, and have to think about with almost every move we make!! I do get the Howard Hughes reference.....lol! Making that long trip with your young son must have been crazy. Glad all is well. Take care.
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

11. Likes Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the Howard Hughes reference it made me laugh hard. I feel like Howard when I go outside also but never thought of it.
    I had a RTX on Dec 1, so I have hidden from everyone. I also have put a mask in my pocket but never put it on ither. I now take the stairs to stay away from the people that wait to get in the elevator with me and cough and gag.
    stay strong

13. Likes seied, Bing505z, Alysia, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear a scarf all year round that I pull up over my mouth and nose.
    A nice thick woolen scarf in winter doesn't get heads turning like masks do, and even men can wear them.
    Has worked a treat for me for the past 8 years, with only one cold in that time, which I got from my daughter
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

15. Likes seied, Lilly, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mishb, that is such a great idea!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

17. Likes mishb liked this post