Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Sorry to hear about the fluctuations in kidney function and extra stress it causes. Hope things get better soon.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

2. Likes annekat, Alysia, Aneinu, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started to be worried about @gilders. His last update is June 19. He usually comes to update more often, right ? Praying..
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes Masha, seied, annekat, Aneinu, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question, Alysia. I had thought he had Liked something I wrote on the 28th, but just looked, and it was the other Pete. I know his username is Gilders. So now I'm a little worried, too. I hope we hear from him soon .

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

6. Likes seied, Alysia, Aneinu, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry for any worry caused by not updating as frequently as usually. My blood results from the last day I updated (June 19th) showed still no improvement of kidney function, but thankfully, no deterioration.
    I had more tests last Friday and the day after I went on a short vacation with my wife, returning last night (one of the reasons I've not updated recently).

The good news is that when I checked my blood results from last Friday, the kidney function has increased to 40%, from 36%. This is the first increase since April 17th, with the majority of my previous 10 blood tests showing a decline in function.

It looks like the reduction in my main anti-rejection drugs has helped my kidney. I also managed to walk further than usual on most of the days during our vacation, so I'm hopeful that things are heading in the right direction.

I noticed that Anne asked about my dad. He's still doing really well. He really is proof that donating a kidney does not effect your health negatively.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. I am so glad that the kidney's numbers are better after all. I wonder if the small fluctuations are not a natural mistake of scales in the lab. I think that with some tests it can happen. So glad that you are doing better and had a good vacation.

Thank you for "wearing" the bathorse avatar in memory of my Batman and our dear Barbara, whose birthdays are coming soon, on July 7.

Happy Birthday to your wife as well, who has birthday also on July 7. In Hebrew we say: may she be different for long good life.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

9. Likes Aneinu, gilders, annekat, Jaha, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Pete, for the update, and I'm pleased to hear that your kidney numbers are now improving. Also that your dad is doing well, and that you took a vacation with your wife. Keep up the good news, and have a great summer with your new kidney.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

11. Likes gilders, Alysia, Jaha, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gliders,
    So relieved things are a little better and you are able to walk further. I am also very relieved that you dad is doing well! Hopefully things will continue to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Alysia, Aneinu, Jaha, gilders, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Pete
    I hope you went somewhere nice for your vacation, you certainly deserved some R&R

Fingers crossed for lots more improvement in the coming months
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

15. Likes Alysia, Aneinu, Jaha, gilders, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy that you and your wife went on vacation to get away for a bit. It helps to reset your mind and body. I hope things keep getting better day by day for you! Take care!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

17. Likes gilders, mishb, Masha, Alysia, Aneinu, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentioned in my last post, after weeks and weeks of a slow decline in kidney function, I eventually had a 4% increase, which we thought was due to a change in dose of my anti-rejection drug.

I had a routine blood test on Wednesday and my function has dropped 5%. I was gutted after finally thinking things had turned the corner, the decline in function has started to reverse, only to see the good result disappear and a further reduction.
    I got a call the next day requesting that I return today (Friday) for repeat blood test. My results aren't showing yet online, which is unusual, so hopefully they'll be available tomorrow and show some improvement.
    Diagnosed April 1995

19. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast