Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Oh snap!! C’mon kidney!! Do your thing!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes Masha, gilders, annekat, Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, rats! I'm sorry to read that. Hoping and praying things turn around for the better again. You must have the patience of a saint, putting up with these inconsistent results. Hang in there!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

4. Likes Masha, Alysia, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    As mentioned in my last post, after weeks and weeks of a slow decline in kidney function, I eventually had a 4% increase, which we thought was due to a change in dose of my anti-rejection drug.

I had a routine blood test on Wednesday and my function has dropped 5%. I was gutted after finally thinking things had turned the corner, the decline in function has started to reverse, only to see the good result disappear and a further reduction.
    I got a call the next day requesting that I return today (Friday) for repeat blood test. My results aren't showing yet online, which is unusual, so hopefully they'll be available tomorrow and show some improvement.
    So sorry the numbers declined again. Thank you for the update.

I wonder, when the numbers are down do you also feel a change or is it only the numbers which tell about it ?

Stay strong. We pray for you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes gilders, Masha, Jaha, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    So sorry the numbers declined again. Thank you for the update.

I wonder, when the numbers are down do you also feel a change or is it only the numbers which tell about it ?

Stay strong. We pray for you.
    It's hard to say. I'm still having good days where I definitely have more energy than before the transplant. But my bad days seem even worse than before transplant.
    There is the possibility that my bad days aren't actually worse than before transplant, but as I now have some good days to compare them with (pre-transplant I didn't really have good days), it makes them seem much worse.

I think my main concern (except for declining kidney function), is that for the first 2 months after transplant, I slept much better, woke up early, wanted to actually get out of bed and enjoy the day, plus I also had much more energy. Now I feel the mornings are almost the same as before transplant (i.e. the opposite of all the positives I've just mentioned).
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post

for the first 2 months after transplant, I slept much better, woke up early, wanted to actually get out of bed and enjoy the day, plus I also had much more energy. Now I feel the mornings are almost the same as before transplant (i.e. the opposite of all the positives I've just mentioned).
    Can it be related to the amount of pred that you take ? Or to stress because of the decline in the numbers ?

May your numbers be higher, May your kidney behave good, May your days feel good, May you feel energetic and joyful. We pray for a perfect recovery.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

9. Likes Pete, Masha, annekat, Jaha, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon little kidney, you know you can do it
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

11. Likes Jaha, annekat, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm praying that all will level out for you and you will feel better soon! Please take good care of yourself!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

13. Likes annekat, mishb, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick update.
    There was a delay in receiving my latest blood test results, but I'm happy to report my kidney function has improved slightly (by 1%, to 36%). It's not a big improvement, but with so many results showing a decline in function, any results that shows the slightest improvement is reassuring.
    Diagnosed April 1995

15. Likes Pete, annekat, seied, mishb, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wish it was more of an improvement, but agree that it is worth being happy about in the face of all the previous ups and downs. I guess it's just going to be that way for awhile. Thanks for the update, and looking forward to the next one, which we can hope will be good. The stress of waiting for results must be hard on you, and I hope you've found ways to relieve that stress. All the best to you!!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

17. Likes mishb, Alysia, gilders, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update, Pete. We are happy with every percent of improvement. Take good care of yourself.
    I keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I am looking forward for more updates.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

19. Likes annekat, gilders, drz, Aneinu liked this post
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast