Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Gilders,
    From my crazy point of view everything you are doing is normal. I would be doing the same thing. Just remember they are going in to fix you.
    Yes, we do not say everything to loved ones when we should. But this is not goodbye. This is just clearing the deck. You will come out of this feeling like a hurtin’ frog, but happy as a pig in mud. You will start life anew. Yes, there will be follow up, but the worst will be behind you. You have grand things to look forward to. Life will be an adventure, not a waiting game.
    I am now officially asking everyone who reads this post to send good thoughts your way on March 19. If you pray, please pray, if you don’t then look at the sky and make a wish on Gilders behalf.
    It could be any one of us. Wouldn’t y’all want the world to join together for hands across the water for you? Mark your calendars. There is strength in numbers.

GO GILDERS GO!

Masha

2. Likes gilders, annekat, Alysia, NatriceRomeo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much Masha.
    It will certainly help knowing people are there in spirit with me!

I promise to update as soon as possible after the operation to let you know how it went. I might start a new thread reporting on what happens the days after transplant. Might be useful to anyone else who ends up needing a transplant.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes Masha, Pete, annekat, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Hi Alysia,
    I'm still very worried, mostly that 2-3 days after surgery my bleeding will be uncontrollable.
    I have been writing messages to be given to loved ones if I don't survive. It is silly really as hopefully (and more than likely) I will survive and really everything in the notes should be things that I should have already said face to face to my loved ones, even if I was not having surgery.
    I do not have an official will, so legally everything will become my wife's. I am writing a list of which possessions I want handed to various people and know my wife will follow my wishes.

I hope you are feeling well at the moment.
    I guess many of us can relate.
    Being a weggie who almost died on 2008, then watching my beautiful Phil passing on 2014, made me think often about my death. I have prepared everything I can for it, like my will, what I want to write on my grave etc. I am not afraid of death. When my time will come, Phil will come to pick me up like he did in Regina's airport, to live eternally in the presence of Our Lord.

Anyway, like Masha wrote above, you are going to be fixed, Pete, to start a much better life. It reminds me of how when I delievered my youngest son, the pain was so bad that I told the nurse: "I am dying". She said: "you are not dying, you are giving birth."

Pete, you are one of the strongest weggies ever, strong in body and spirit. You are embraced by family support and so much love. You can make it and you will. You are and will be surrounded by so many prayers from us. Stay peaceful. We love you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes Masha, mishb, Pete, annekat, gilders, RiverJoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just marked my calendar! Will be praying for you daily! Believing that surgery on the 19th is going to go super smooth and a quick recovery afterwards!!

8. Likes Alysia, Masha, gilders, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilders,

Just want to let you know that I'll be thinking about you on the 19th and pulling for you. Is it possible for a close relative or friend to update the board on your progress if you are out of it for a few days? Your kindness jumps off the computer screen, and everything you do around here is appreciated by us all.

Richard

10. Likes gilders, annekat, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riverjoy and Richard,
    Thank you very much. This time next week I'll be in hospital!
    Richard, I'm not sure if I'll be able to arrange for someone to take over my "Transplant" thread, but promise to update as soon as I'm able to!
    My wife isn't great on computers. If I'm not well enough to update this thread, I won't be well enough to explain to her how to do it, without pulling my hair out
    Diagnosed April 1995

12. Likes annekat, Pete, Masha, richard052018, Keith, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, everyone above has said it all, and I can only add that I just now marked the 19th on my calendar, and I know you have what it takes to get through this and you will come out of it better than new. Best wishes to you and your wonderful, generous dad, and your wife and kids, if you have them, who will be going through some anxious hours, no doubt. I'm so looking forward to hearing it is done and you are resting comfortably at home.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

14. Likes Pete, Masha, drz, Alysia, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More prayers for the surgery tomorrow and for perfect recovery, Pete, for you and for your father. Much love
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

16. Likes gilders, annekat, drz, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    More prayers for the surgery tomorrow and for perfect recovery, Pete, for you and for your father. Much love
    I am with Alysia on this. Prayers across the ocean for one of our own and his wonderful dad.

18. Likes gilders, annekat, Alysia, drz, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son will be here in a couple of hours to take me to hospital.
    So long as there's not a bed shortage, everything is all set for tomorrow morning.

This will probably be the last time I'll update this thread until after surgery, so once again I would like to thank you all for your wonderful support especially during these last few weeks.

I will aim to update tomorrow evening, but please don't worry if you hear nothing. I really don't know quite how I'll feel, or even if I'll have access to my phone/tablet while in the High Dependency Unit.
    Diagnosed April 1995

20. Likes Masha, annekat, Alysia, drz liked this post
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast