Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Hi Alysia,
    My wife (Katrina) says "Thank you!"
    "Lockdown" was relaxed somewhat 2 days ago, including restaurants. But I feel it's still too unsafe, so I will prepare her whatever meal she likes.
    I feel really sorry for others awaiting transplants, as there is VERY few happening during this pandemic.

I haven't updated as frequently, partly due to my appointments been further apart and also because things are thankfully stable.
    I feel quite well, but still have little energy most of the time.

Things are stable with my kidney function, in fact, at 46% function it's the highest it's been in the last 12 months.
    My ferritin (iron test) keeps dropping (11, range is 17-300), so the Dr is prescribing iron tablets. I must be the only person with Haemochromatosis that takes iron tablets
    My bowels have not been good for many years, so my transplant Dr is referring me back to Gastroenterology.
    Diagnosed April 1995

2. Likes Masha, annekat, Alysia, Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad to hear about your good kidney function, Pete. It seems a lot of Weggies get anemic from time to time. I'm one of them, though I know there can be various reasons. Good to hear of the veg garden. Happy Birthday to Katrina, and both of you enjoy the rest of the summer away from the crowds.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

4. Likes Alysia, Geoff, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update, Pete, and for wearing the Bathorse Avatar as today it is also the birthday of our dear Barbara.

As for your anemia and bowels issues, checking with a gastro dr. Is a good idea.

I am glad your kidney is doing well. Thank God.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes gilders, annekat, Geoff liked this post
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829