Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

This is some wonderful news Pete, I hope it keeps going up and up!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

2. Likes Arleta, gilders, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of a disappointment with latest blood results. All the kidney function I'd gained over the last 6 weeks or so, has been lost and I'm back down to 36%. I won't let it worry me too much.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the up and down to be expected?

6. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Is the up and down to be expected?
    The ups and downs are expected, but there's been many more downs than ups. From a high of 51% in mid April, it's dropped to 36%.
    Admittedly, the 51% seemed a bit of an anomaly as the next result was 42%. So it's really more like a 6% drop in almost 5 months, rather than a 15% drop.
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    The ups and downs are expected, but there's been many more downs than ups. From a high of 51% in mid April, it's dropped to 36%.
    Admittedly, the 51% seemed a bit of an anomaly as the next result was 42%. So it's really more like a 6% drop in almost 5 months, rather than a 15% drop.
    The trend is what is disturbing. Other wise my readings of kidney function usually fluctuate from test to test and my doctors are not concern over changes of a few points as long as they go both up and down. They tell me that changes of 5 or 10 points can often be due to levels of hydration or other factors.

The long term trend is what they emphasize is important. What is the norm for most transplant cases? Doctors should be familiar of what readings are consider normal but maybe there are too many variables to make such an assessment?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

10. Likes annekat, Pete, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn it, Pete. I guess we shouldn't get too excited when you have a good trend.
    But you are the important one here, and I'm glad you aren't worrying much yet. Perhaps the tests aren't perfectly accurate over time or hydration has been a factor, as drz suggested. We will just have to wait patiently for the next results, and we are all hoping for another improvement. Best of luck with that!

Anne

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

12. Likes Pete, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of a disappointment with latest blood results. All the kidney function I'd gained over the last 6 weeks or so, has been lost and I'm back down to 36%. I won't let it worry me too much.
    So sorry the numbers are down again. Is there any explanation the docs give to the fluctuations ?
    Praying for you always, Pete, please update us how are you doing.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

14. Likes gilders, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tacrolimus level was raised a little when I had blood tests done, which can have some effect on kidney function. Dr phoned me and asked me to reduce my dose, so we'll see if that has helped next Friday.
    Diagnosed April 1995

16. Likes Alysia, Pete, mishb, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tacrolimus level was raised a little when I had blood tests done, which can have some effect on kidney function. Dr phoned me and asked me to reduce my dose, so we'll see if that has helped next Friday.
    Thanks for the update. I googled tacrolimus and found out its an immune suppresed med to help with transplants.

Praying it can give an explanation and that the change will improve the kidneys' numbers.

Sound like you have a good dr. Who really cares.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

18. Likes gilders, mishb, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest blood results showed no change in kidney function. I'll look on the positive side, at least it didn't drop.
    There was some good news though. During the pre-transplant assessment I had a low level of antibodies against the donor (my dad). But for the last 2 months there is no sign of this antibody which means I'm less likely to have a rejection episode.
    Diagnosed April 1995

20. Likes Pete, annekat, Masha, Geoff, Alysia, Keith, mishb, Aneinu liked this post
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast