Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Congratulations, Pete. Best Christmas gift ever indeed.
    You are embraced by many prayers, thought and much love from all around the globe, even from heaven - dr. Phil is also praying for you.
    Make your bag ready, find some ways to make the time goes faster and keep on writing here if it helps. We are all holding your hand and waiting with you.... ❤

Merry Christmas
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

2. Likes gilders, Pete, mishb, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received a letter for an appointment for surgical out-patients on 28th January 2019. I think this will be the appointment where they will give me the actual date of the transplant.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes Pete, Masha, Alysia, me2, mishb, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Just received a letter for an appointment for surgical out-patients on 28th January 2019. I think this will be the appointment where they will give me the actual date of the transplant.
    Wow, Pete! It appears I have missed out on almost a whole year of this drama! I guess that's what I get for reading the forum on my phone via Tapatalk. It's not as easy to keep up with new posts. Anyway, I am happy that it looks like it's going to happen! I hope everything goes perfectly for you and your dad, if he's indeed going to be the donor. Let's hope there will be no more changes to the plan..That has to have been exceedingly stressful! I guess in about a month we will be hearing of the date they will set for the surgery! We are all pulling for you!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

6. Likes gilders, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the appointment with the transplant surgeon today and have been booked in for Tuesday 5th March for the operation. Both me and my dad (the donor) will stay in hospital the night before the operation. My dad will have his kidney removed from about 8.30am and I will have it transplanted about 11.30am. I probably won't see my dad again until I get home (around a week later), as he will be taken to either the kidney ward, or surgical ward, but I'll have to initially go on to High Dependency ward due to my sleep apnoea. By the time I'm due to return to kidney ward, my dad will be home as he is expected to return home the day after his operation.
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes annekat, Masha, Pete, Keith, Alysia, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Prayers across the water. Your decades long story is moving and heart wrenching. How beautiful that your father is your donor. Your surgical date is on my calendar. Blessings.
    Masha

10. Likes drz, gilders, annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news, Pete!! Hope all goes well for you and your Dad!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

12. Likes gilders, annekat, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So happy to hear this, Pete! You and your dad will be in my thoughts, and best wishes for a smooth transition. We'll be anxiously awaiting the news that it is done and you are both safe at home.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

14. Likes Masha, Pete, gilders, Alysia, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news

More prayers from my point on the globe. You are embraced from all over the world, Pete.

Hang in there. Only a bit more to wait.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

16. Likes gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of you! Hope all goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grrrrr!
    After waiting 3 years for a transplant date, they have postponed it for a further 2 weeks (now March 19th).
    The surgeons have decided that due to my increased risks (mostly from bleeding) they are doing the operation at the same time for me and my father. It was originally planned for my dad to go to theatre in the morning and for me to go around lunchtime. But as I am at increased risk of not being able to receive my dad's kidney, they want to begin by cutting me open and if all seems well, they will begin to operate on my dad. Therefore they need 2 operating theatres and 2 surgical teams and the soonest date is a further 2 weeks away.
    Last edited by gilders; 02-09-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    Diagnosed April 1995

20. Likes Alysia, Keith, mishb liked this post
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast