Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Thanks for the update, Pete. Glad to hear youre improving and that your Dad is doing well!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear from you! Any improvement in fighting the infection is a very good sign. Glad to hear the new kidney is doing well. And glad to hear your dad has gone home. Don't worry about us, we are glad for any news, but you can only do what you can only do! More power to you!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,
    We are just so glad to hear from you. When you are feeling 100% then we all want to hear about it. Until then your number one job is to get healthy. I am not surprised you are weak. So glad to hear your dad is home. It is hard to believe that after the long wait and all the changes, it is behind you. I bet there are dozens of things you want to do when your strength returns..all in good time.
    Are you eating solid foods yet?
    I pray for you every day, throughout the day. And yes, you are a young man. Young enough to be my son. You have so very much to look forward to. I have been in those hospital beds with needles and tubes stuck every which way and it can wear you down. But it is like having a baby, once it is over you forget about the pain and enjoy your new life. So now you can make your wife laugh and tell her some crazy southern lady told you having a kidney transplant is like giving birth!
    Anything to put a smile on your face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masha, funny you should ask about if I'm on solids yet.
    I ate a small amount of solids a few hours after surgery. The dietician came to see me once I had been transferred from High Dependancy to Renal ward. She was shocked when I told her and she said that no one can manage solids on HD. She was suprised they even had sandwiches to give me. But once the infection started I really struggled to eat.
    Even with the infection, I beat my dad to the first bowel movement - a big release after almost 4 days. The antibiotics have been the best laxatives!
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    I beat my dad to the first bowel movement - a big release after almost 4 days. The antibiotics have been the best laxatives!
    Me thinks that s too much information! 😂😂😂 Glad your making progress!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad things are going better. It is a relief you are doing better. Im still thinking of you!
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112