Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Thanks for the update, Pete. Glad to hear you’re improving and that your Dad is doing well!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes annekat, Alysia, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear from you! Any improvement in fighting the infection is a very good sign. Glad to hear the new kidney is doing well. And glad to hear your dad has gone home. Don't worry about us, we are glad for any news, but you can only do what you can only do! More power to you!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by annekat; 03-24-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

4. Likes Alysia, drz, mishb, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,
    We are just so glad to hear from you. When you are feeling 100% then we all want to hear about it. Until then your number one job is to get healthy. I am not surprised you are weak. So glad to hear your dad is home. It is hard to believe that after the long wait and all the changes, it is behind you. I bet there are dozens of things you want to do when your strength returns..all in good time.
    Are you eating solid foods yet?
    I pray for you every day, throughout the day. And yes, you are a young man. Young enough to be my son. You have so very much to look forward to. I have been in those hospital beds with needles and tubes stuck every which way and it can wear you down. But it is like having a baby, once it is over you forget about the pain and enjoy your new life. So now you can make your wife laugh and tell her some crazy southern lady told you having a kidney transplant is like giving birth!
    Anything to put a smile on your face.

6. Likes annekat, Alysia, mishb, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masha, funny you should ask about if I'm on solids yet.
    I ate a small amount of solids a few hours after surgery. The dietician came to see me once I had been transferred from High Dependancy to Renal ward. She was shocked when I told her and she said that no one can manage solids on HD. She was suprised they even had sandwiches to give me. But once the infection started I really struggled to eat.
    Even with the infection, I beat my dad to the first bowel movement - a big release after almost 4 days. The antibiotics have been the best laxatives!
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes annekat, Masha, Keith, RiverJoy, Alysia, mishb, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    I beat my dad to the first bowel movement - a big release after almost 4 days. The antibiotics have been the best laxatives!
    Me thinks that ‘s too much information! ������ Glad you’re making progress!!!
    Last edited by Pete; 03-24-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

10. Likes annekat, Masha, Alysia, mishb, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad things are going better. It is a relief you are doing better. I’m still thinking of you!
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes annekat, Masha, Alysia, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilders, I haven't been on here for awhile, I have been thinking about you having your transplant. Soooooo glad to hear it is finally over and you are on the mend and your dad is fine. Hope they are able to get the infection gone soon and you can be back home to enjoy your new life. Sending you prayers and love
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

14. Likes annekat, Alysia, Masha, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the updates, Pete. I am so glad that you are getting better, Thanks be to God. What a joy to see your kidneys' functions at 40 percent already ! Also so glad your father is at home already. He is amazing.
    You will tell us all about it when you will feel better. Its so kind of you even now to think about the others. God bless you. Prayers continued.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

16. Likes annekat, Masha, NatriceRomeo, mishb, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Me thinks that ‘s too much information! ������ Glad you’re making progress!!!
    Never too much info, the little joys of a good recovery
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

18. Likes annekat, Masha, NatriceRomeo, gilders, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, antibiotics never work as a laxative for me

I'm glad you managed to keep your sense of humor throughout these past few years, even when things got really rough for you.
    I'm also glad that your dad was able to go home, and things are starting to improve for you.

Come on new kidney, you have lots of work to do
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

20. Likes annekat, gilders, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast