Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Blood tests today showed kidney function still stable at 42%, so looks like whatever caused the previous dip is in the past now.
    Diagnosed April 1995

2. Likes Pete, Masha, annekat, NatriceRomeo, Alysia, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some excellent news for a happy dance here Pete

Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

4. Likes Alysia, Masha, NatriceRomeo, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my weekly appointment yesterday.
    The good news is that I can drop pred from 10mg/day to 7.5mg.
    I won't call the other news "bad news" as it's only a small drop in kidney function (42 - 40) and small changes can be due to many reasons (how hydrated you are, what you ate the day before, etc). It does make next week's blood test quite important. A further drop could suggest all is not well. I wouldn't normally be concerned, but as my function has twice dropped rapidly since the transplant, I am little more concerned.
    Diagnosed April 1995

6. Likes Masha, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's understandable that you would be concerned about next weeks test. We will keep our fingers crossed and knock on wood, along with praying and positive vibes. I hope the result is favorable. Great news that you get to drop the pred! That must show that your docs think you are doing pretty well. Best wishes, and keep up the positive attitude!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

8. Likes Masha, NatriceRomeo, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We continue to pray, Pete.
    Can this change be related to the decrease in the pred ? And if so, would more pred help ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    We continue to pray, Pete.
    Can this change be related to the decrease in the pred ? And if so, would more pred help ?
    I don't think the decrease in pred is directly related to the decline in function. But if the decline in function is due to rejection, then the pred would have been helping to stop the rejection and reducing the pred could have started the rejection process again, which in turn could be seen as the decrease in pred contributing to reduction in kidney function. (Hope that made sense).

I still believe that this slight decline in function is just what anyone of us could see in our blood results. All should be more clear on Wednesday when I get my next lot of bloods done.
    Diagnosed April 1995

11. Likes annekat, Masha, mishb, Jaha, Alysia, NatriceRomeo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wishing you all the best for better results. Please take care of yourself!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

13. Likes gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick update.

My blood results showed a tiny 1% reduction in kidney function last week. Not happy that it's another drop in function, but it was so small drs aren't concerned. In fact I've been moved from weekly appointments to fortnightly. Unfortunately this clashes with my vasculitis appointment at Addenbrooke's, so I'm now back at the transplant clinic on 3rd June (almost 3 weeks). This seems a bit too long for me especially has things haven't gone too smoothly.

Well as it now turns out, I'll be back in clinic tomorrow. I awoke this morning with discomfort around my new kidney area. This often happens and I think it's because I tend to sleep on my side or front, putting pressure on the kidney. But this morning I had a swelling (about the size of a large fist) approximately 10cm above my kidney (just to the left of my belly button). I contacted the transplant nurses who liaised with the surgeon and they asked me to get an emergency appointment with my GP (average wait times are about 4 weeks+ for routine appointments) and it was suspected that I have an abdominal hernia (not uncommon after kidney transplant surgery). My GP agreed that I was swollen and there's tenderness and discomfort, but couldn't diagnose a hernia as it didn't move when I cough. She contacted the transplant team for advice and I need to go tomorrow morning for blood tests, an ultrasound and for the surgeon to examine me.

I still believe that it's most likely an hernia. Although it doesn't move when I cough, it seems to when I sneeze. I was told "no heavy lifting for 6months". I think I may have overdone it. My wife has been back at work for a couple of weeks and I can't just leave all the housework for her. I didn't think that I'd lifted anything heavy, but maybe doing thing like picking up a basket of freshly washed clothes is enough to cause hernia?
    Diagnosed April 1995

15. Likes annekat, Masha, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update, Pete... I'd been wondering a little. It seems like there's no end to the possible complications, even if not serious but still troubling. If the docs think you are generally doing OK, that's a plus. Good luck with that possible hernia, I hope it can be dealt with easily. Will be thinking of you and sending healing vibes across the ocean.

Anne

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

17. Likes Pete, Masha, drz, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope they get it sorted out quickly and that it turns out to be an easy fix for you. It must be hard dealing with all the uncertainty about what is going on in your body while hoping for a good outcome to all of it. Best wishes to you.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

19. Likes Masha, Pete, annekat, Arleta, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast