Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Thanks Natty.
    I did another update a couple of weeks ago, but it doesn't seem to be showing.
    My latest bloods show kidney function at 37%. A slight drop since the month before, but still within my 35-40% "Happy zone"
    The Hydroxychloroquine maybe helping my joints a tiny bit, but no difference to back pain. I had an MRI scan on my lower back on Sunday, so hopefully will get some answers (pinched nerve was a possible diagnosis).
    Diagnosed April 1995

2. Likes Pete, annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm due my monthly transplant clinic appointment next week, but due to COVID, it will now be a telephone appointment. Therefore I went for blood tests (nobody else waiting thankfully) and immediately left the hospital.
    For those following my updates, you may recall that my last few blood tests have shown my kidney function drop from 40% to 38% to 37%. Although I said that I was not concerned of the drops so long as my function remained in the 35-40% range, I was more concerned about having 3 recurrent drops, however small.
    Thankfully I can report that my kidney function jumped to 43%

Unfortunately, one of my liver tests (ALT) has dramatically jumped far beyond healthy range (10-50) to 117. Another strange result is my blood glucose has dropped below the healthy range (3.5-7) to 3.1. Not greatly below range, but considering this is usually high in transplant patients, maybe it's a bit misleading and realistically much lower than it should be.

Overall I'm feeling very well and grateful to be over a recent virus, especially as I had COVID symptoms, but was refused a COVID test as only hospital patients are tested in the UK.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes annekat, Pete, chrisTIn@, Alysia, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, great news about the kidney numbers! Not so great about the other two tests, especially the liver. I hope this is somehow temporary and they can figure out the cause. Thanks for keeping us updated, and I'm wishing for the best for you.
    Anne

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

6. Likes gilders, chrisTIn@, Alysia, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    I'm due my monthly transplant clinic appointment next week, but due to COVID, it will now be a telephone appointment. Therefore I went for blood tests (nobody else waiting thankfully) and immediately left the hospital.
    For those following my updates, you may recall that my last few blood tests have shown my kidney function drop from 40% to 38% to 37%. Although I said that I was not concerned of the drops so long as my function remained in the 35-40% range, I was more concerned about having 3 recurrent drops, however small.
    Thankfully I can report that my kidney function jumped to 43%

Unfortunately, one of my liver tests (ALT) has dramatically jumped far beyond healthy range (10-50) to 117. Another strange result is my blood glucose has dropped below the healthy range (3.5-7) to 3.1. Not greatly below range, but considering this is usually high in transplant patients, maybe it's a bit misleading and realistically much lower than it should be.

Overall I'm feeling very well and grateful to be over a recent virus, especially as I had COVID symptoms, but was refused a COVID test as only hospital patients are tested in the UK.
    I am glad your numbers are much better. Thank God. Praying your ALT will be better too.

What covid19 symptoms did you have ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes gilders, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia,
    My COVID-19 symptoms were fairly high temperature (37.6°C/99.68°F), shivering/shaking uncontrollably, severe headache, severe fatigue and generally feeling awful. Didn't have a new persistent dry cough and breathlessness was no worse than usual. I also

Had a nice surprise today. I received a government food parcel as I'm classed as Extremely Vulnerable due to being a transplant patient. I'm not allowed to leave home (garden is allowed), unless receiving medical treatment. We had stocked up somewhat a couple of weeks ago, so my wife dropped some of the items that we had a few of with an elderly neighbour.
    Even the High Risk group are allowed out for a few reasons such as to shop for essentials (as infrequently as possible) and once a day for exercise by yourself, or with other household members. But I'm in complete isolation. My wife is here too. She's also taken 12 weeks off from work (unfortunately unpaid) as she works in a supermarket which are the busiest places in the whole UK, so the risk of infection is extreme.
    Diagnosed April 1995

10. Likes me2, chrisTIn@ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Hi Alysia,
    My COVID-19 symptoms were fairly high temperature (37.6°C/99.68°F), shivering/shaking uncontrollably, severe headache, severe fatigue and generally feeling awful. Didn't have a new persistent dry cough and breathlessness was no worse than usual. I also

Had a nice surprise today. I received a government food parcel as I'm classed as Extremely Vulnerable due to being a transplant patient. I'm not allowed to leave home (garden is allowed), unless receiving medical treatment. We had stocked up somewhat a couple of weeks ago, so my wife dropped some of the items that we had a few of with an elderly neighbour.
    Even the High Risk group are allowed out for a few reasons such as to shop for essentials (as infrequently as possible) and once a day for exercise by yourself, or with other household members. But I'm in complete isolation. My wife is here too. She's also taken 12 weeks off from work (unfortunately unpaid) as she works in a supermarket which are the busiest places in the whole UK, so the risk of infection is extreme.
    Maybe your symptoms were not covid19 ? They don't sound like it, as far as I understand.

I am glad you are safe.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

12. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update after my recent (telephone) appointment.
    The lead transplant nurse is concerned about the ALT liver test so check with the head transplant Dr to see if I could wait until my next routine blood tests to have it rechecked. The Dr said that weighing up the risks of COVID-19 and the risk of having ALT further increasing, he still thinks I need to come in sooner for a repeat ALT test. They will also be doing a CMV (Cytomegalovirus) test as my symptoms from my virus are similar to this virus and it's quite common in transplant periods.

COVID-19 has been a real concern for me, so this added worry of my liver and/or CMV is not helping.
    Diagnosed April 1995

14. Likes annekat, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood results are back and although my ALT (Liver test) is still elevated, it's dropped a lot, so heading in right direct.
    My kidney function has dropped from 43% to 37%, but I'm not too concerned as my usual range is 35-40%.
    Overall, feeling pretty good and managing to grow my veg which I didn't do last 2 years.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave my husband a kidney 12 years ago so you have a special place in my heart. He is still doing well and his function is about 55%. Glad you're feeling good and that you're able to manage a veggie garden this year. We picked our first tomato from ours today and had BLTs with it!

17. Likes annekat, Masha, me2, gilders, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you doing @gilders ?

Happy Birthday to your wife tomorrow
    Alysia
    dx 2008

19. Likes gilders liked this post
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast