Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Transplant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Transplant

Hoping the surgeons’ new plan works well. I can’t imagine how frustrating this new delay must be for you and your Dad.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes Alysia, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the delay, although the new plan sounds better, more safe. Praying it will all turn out for good. Hang in there, we are waiting with you and praying.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes drz, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pete,
    This delay makes it more likely I'll need a couple of dialysis sessions before the transplant, which I hoped to avoid. Plus my wife, 2 sons and son-in-law have all booked time off to help with looking after the dog, taking wife to and from hospital, me home from hospital etc. Plus there's various banking issues we had to rearrange while my wife took a month of unpaid leave from work. So yes, very frustrating.

At least they haven't cancelled it, or delayed it for an even longer period.
    Diagnosed April 1995

6. Likes Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Sorry for the delay, although the new plan sounds better, more safe. Praying it will all turn out for good. Hang in there, we are waiting with you and praying.
    Hi Alysia,
    It probably is for the best, I just hate messing people about, especially when they're trying to help me out. I know it's not my fault or choice, but I still feel guilty.
    My dad has already said that if I can't have his kidney, he's happy for it to go to someone else (therefore the original date could be kept IMO), but the transplant coordinators said that even though my dad is happy to give to someone else, their main concern is getting the kidney to the original recipient and passing it on to someone else is done as a last option.
    Diagnosed April 1995

8. Likes Alysia, annekat, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck and best wishes for having a successful transplant with out any more delays or extra stress.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

10. Likes gilders, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Gilders,
    This is just one more wait to tolerate. No one could say they couldn’t stand it, because what choice do you have. I was going to start calculating US EST for 9 am England, March 5th. I’ll just reset the clock. I can’t think of anything good to say about this change, but it will give me a couple more weeks to pray for you.
    Masha

12. Likes annekat, gilders, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gilders,
    Are you still set for March 19?

14. Likes annekat, gilders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Masha,
    Yes it's still set for March 19. As you're probably aware, at this precise moment of me writing, my dad should have been on his way to surgery and I would be due down around 4 hours later.

Me and my father will both have some final blood tests, ECG and chest xray this Thursday and we're still due to be admitted on Monday 18th, ready for surgery on Tuesday 19th.
    Diagnosed April 1995

16. Likes mishb, Pete, Alysia, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon... 2 weeks from today.. we pray for you, Pete.
    How are you holding up meantime ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

18. Likes annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia,
    I'm still very worried, mostly that 2-3 days after surgery my bleeding will be uncontrollable.
    I have been writing messages to be given to loved ones if I don't survive. It is silly really as hopefully (and more than likely) I will survive and really everything in the notes should be things that I should have already said face to face to my loved ones, even if I was not having surgery.
    I do not have an official will, so legally everything will become my wife's. I am writing a list of which possessions I want handed to various people and know my wife will follow my wishes.

I hope you are feeling well at the moment.
    Diagnosed April 1995

20. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast