Hello everyone, its been a long time since I posted on here, I posted 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with a flare after being in remission on no meds for 25 years. Recently, I have been having breathing problems, I did have some last year which occurred when I had a cough, this time they occurred as I had a sinus infection. I ended up in emergency twice because I couldn't breathe, they put me on steroids and a nebuliser and breathing recovered so they sent me home after 24 hours with a follow up appointment on 19th January.

I am on doxycycline for 6 weeks for sinus infection plus a steroid nasal spray which seems to have improved my sinus infection but my breathing has still not gone back to normal. I have invested in a nebuliser which is helping and I'm on a 7 day course of steroids, this is my third 7 day course in 8 weeks. I presume when I see them in January they will say that I have to have some treatment although the ENT consultant said my stenosis didn't look too bad and my windpipe is big enough to get tube down if I have to have an op.

As anyone else encountered problems with stenosis when they have an infection and does breathing go back to normal once infection is resolved or is this now my new normal.

They said the reason I couldn't breathe was cos mucus was stuck in my airwave and it had dried up. Any tips on how to cough up this mucus? I don't want to end up back in emergency and it was very scary struggling to breathe.

I hate this disease just when I think I'm in remission it raises its ugly head.

Any advice would be much appreciated.