Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subglottic Stenosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Subglottic Stenosis

I have had a stenosis for 8 years now. And am just now confident enough to know when i do NOT need steroids for it. As this would always be my ENTs way of treating the flakes that get stuck. Yes, i get a virus like cold sore throat cough, and then im left with shallow breathing and sticky voice. I am currantly coming out of a 3 week long ordeal and im so happy to go to my 6 month check up today and let my ENT have a look and see i did NOT need steroids. SOMETIMES i do, but not everytime. This time i tried running a humidifier right on my face at night and in the morning i was able to easily cough up my crusties. As always, one thing that works for one, does not work for all, but you might give it a try! Best wishes

2. Likes Pete, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My subglottic stenosis has not bothered since last year when I got a chest infection and breathing got quite bad had to have 3 lots of steroids until it settled down. Been Ok for a year until I got sinus infection and again breathing got bad I'm on my third lot of steroids and its improving. Do they just treat yours with steroids have they not offered you a dilation? ENT said mine does not look too bad and I would be able to get a breathing tube down it if I needed an op. I'm due to see them on the 19th Jan and will ask for further info then. I think I would prefer the dilation to having to go through this every time I get a cough or cold.

4. Likes Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnak06 View Post
    My subglottic stenosis has not bothered since last year when I got a chest infection and breathing got quite bad had to have 3 lots of steroids until it settled down. Been Ok for a year until I got sinus infection and again breathing got bad I'm on my third lot of steroids and its improving. Do they just treat yours with steroids have they not offered you a dilation? ENT said mine does not look too bad and I would be able to get a breathing tube down it if I needed an op. I'm due to see them on the 19th Jan and will ask for further info then. I think I would prefer the dilation to having to go through this every time I get a cough or cold.
    My stenosis is so close to my vocal chords, they do not want to try another dialation. Actually, they didnt find it for 18 months after symptoms started, so most of my issue is scar tissue that they dont want to mess with, since it is so close to my vocal chords. Hence, the steroids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12