Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
I met the eye surgeon yesterday. I went to the one who got most of the reccomendations and who is doing many surgeries.
Well, it sounds too easy to be true. He said that he will insert tiny thing, the size of a pen tin and will use ultra sound. He didnt explain exactly the procedure and I didnt ask beyond that. Too scary.
I asked many other questions. He doesnt see any problem due to wg (btw, he said: "you dont look sick ) He had seen another weggie (one is a lot here). He said that I will not need any pain killers (really ?). That I dont need to take antibiotics. Only 2 kinds of eye drops for 2 weeks, 4 times a day each. That I will not need sun glasses in the days after the surgery (really ?) He said that at the morning after the surgery I will take off the bandage by myself from my eye, and then "you can wash your face and go to work". 4 days after the surgery, I can go to the optometrist for new glasses, temporary, and then I will be able to drive.
He said that the number of the new len will be 2.5 and it will be for distance. He said that I will not need reading glasses. I forgot to ask if I will be able to read without the glasses for distance or with them, and if I can choose. I prefer to be able to read without ANY glasses. I hope it is possible.

This dr. made everything looks too simple so I cant be sure if I can trust him. he also has sense of humor but it also made it hard for me to trust him. Is it my problem ? What do you think ? Is the way he presents the surgery indeed that simple ? Am I just a scardey weggie ?

Anyway, he is experienced and my eye dr. Whom I trust 100 percent reccomanded him. So I will take him.

The surgery is going to be this Thursday on 10:00 in the morning. Dr. Phil will be there to watch over me.
I will keep you in my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk