Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cataract Surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cataract Surgery

Hi Alysia, I agree with your decision to hold off on getting your medical records, and not wanting to be looked at like a "trouble maker". I think its a smart decision on your part. Since you have to count on him for your next surgery. You are probably correct, that he didn't wait long enough after giving you the injection. I hope your eye is doing good. Blessings and Love
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An important note: after cataract surgery, weggies need to take eye drops for 4 weeks.

My eye surgeon prescribed me only 2 weeks. Few days after finishing them, I got an infection in the operated eye. I went to my eye dr. She said that weggies need to take the drops 4 weeks. So I am back on the drops for more 20 days
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now 2 months after the cataract surgery. But I am afraid something is wrong with the new len: if I am in darkness, and a strong light is in front of me, I see the len and not the view. It is scary to drive at night in rural area without roads' lights, if a car is coming in front of me with high lights, I see my len and not the road. I see the circle of the len and some shinning in the middle of the len, like looking at a shinning window.
    (It was so bad that I played with my cars' lights trying to see the road better, until the fuses were burnt in my car in the middle of the highway, in the darkness, but this is another story...)

Anyway, is it normal ? I doubt it. Going tomorow to my eye dr. Please tell me what is your experience ?

I also feel uncomfortable in my eyes many times a day.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

5. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I am now 2 months after the cataract surgery. But I am afraid something is wrong with the new len: if I am in darkness, and a strong light is in front of me, I see the len and not the view. It is scary to drive at night in rural area without roads' lights, if a car is coming in front of me with high lights, I see my len and not the road. I see the circle of the len and some shinning in the middle of the len, like looking at a shinning window.
    (It was so bad that I played with my cars' lights trying to see the road better, until the fuses were burnt in my car in the middle of the highway, in the darkness, but this is another story...)

Anyway, is it normal ? I doubt it. Going tomorow to my eye dr. Please tell me what is your experience ?

This is definitely not normal. I hope the surgeon will be able to correct it quickly! Let us know what he says. If he tries to pit uou off, find another dictor for a second opinion. Ask about “floaters”. My most recent lens was a bit if a problem. They had to take it out and put in another one. I get the sensation that I can see the edge of the lens on the outer edge of the eye. The eye dr says I have a floater there. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

7. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely not normal. I hope the surgeon will be able to correct it quickly! Let us know what he says. If he tries to pit uou off, find another doctor for a second opinion. Ask about “floaters”. My most recent lens was a bit if a problem. They had to take it out and put in another one. I get the sensation that I can see the edge of the lens on the outer edge of the eye. The eye dr says I have a floater there. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

9. Likes Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jacquie ❤
    I went to my eye dr., not to the surgeon. She said that the surgery was done well, but that my eye is still inflamed. She didnt want to prescribe me more pred drops, she said that I might not be able to wean them.
    I will see her again soon to check it all again.
    She also said that the glare is a possible side effect of cataract surgery. She prescribed me eye drops Iopidine to use an hour before driving at night. She said it might help. I didnt try them yet (busy with getting my every 6 months rtx). I also found on google that there are special glasses for night driving with yellow lens. I will try to find and check them.
    Eye is still very sensitive. Sometimes even aching a bit. I guess it is what it is.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

11. Likes BookNut, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jacquie
    I went to my eye dr., not to the surgeon. She said that the surgery was done well, but that my eye is still inflamed. She didnt want to prescribe me more pred drops, she said that I might not be able to wean them.
    I will see her again soon to check it all again.
    She also said that the glare is a possible side effect of cataract surgery. She prescribed me eye drops Iopidine to use an hour before driving at night. She said it might help. I didnt try them yet (busy with getting my every 6 months rtx). I also found on google that there are special glasses for night driving with yellow lens. I will try to find and check them.
    Eye is still very sensitive. Sometimes even aching a bit. I guess it is what it is.
    Wishing you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Aneinu. Meantime my eye got a bit worse but I am not sure if it is related to the surgery or not. The other eye is also red and irritating. It might be the wg smoldering at this time, when I am at the "edges" of the 6 months' period between rtx IV. Last 2 nights I also had nightsweats. Going tomorrow for the second rtx IV.

I still have a problem of glare in the dark and of "jumping white lights" in the operated eye after being in the sun.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

15. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Aneinu. Meantime my eye got a bit worse but I am not sure if it is related to the surgery or not. The other eye is also red and irritating. It might be the wg smoldering at this time, when I am at the "edges" of the 6 months' period between rtx IV. Last 2 nights I also had nightsweats. Going tomorrow for the second rtx IV.

I still have a problem of glare in the dark and of "jumping white lights" in the operated eye after being in the sun.
    Maybe another second opinion about the problem and possible treatment might be good idea. It sounds like you had some very unusual side effects from a routine surgery.
    Last edited by drz; 03-30-2018 at 04:16 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

17. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I kind of agree with Drz. Since you are stil having vision problems, maybe it is time for a second opinion. I know how you feel-you don’t want to offend your doctor. But he will get over it, and only you know your own body. When you think something is getting worse, it usually is. If it isn’t getting worse you will still feel relieved for following up on it.
    What has your doc said about your night vision? In my age group, widowers who can still night drive are the most popular among the widows....I will write more tomorrow while I am getting my infusion.

19. Likes Pete, Alysia liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast