Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hospitalized currently praying for a miracle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hospitalized currently praying for a miracle

Hi Krystle, I cant imagine the stress you are under right now, and I am so sorry about that. I worked in a hospital for 12 years right after I graduated High School, as a file clerk. As time went on, I moved on to different things, like helping the X-ray and CT Scan technicians prep the patients before scans. I have always known that the worst place to be when you are sick, is in the hospital....just simply because of the sick people there....But I say that, only because I agree with you, she should be healing. Dealing with hospital personnel, nurses, doctors, etc...is very challenging for family members, and it seems like its a vicious cycle of getting your questions passed around before you get any true answers. With 3 lung issues that she is possibly fighting, she really needs to get closer to you, and get better attention. Last year, my lung doctor was trying to figure what was causing my lung problems. The CT scan looked strange, not like normal granulomas, not like a cancer, etc....so he decided to do a bronchoscopy and just look for himself. He was surprised that my lungs looked like they did. He said they looked pretty good, no terrible damage that he could see. But he did do a wash of my lungs, and sent the fluid off for testing. It came back showing that I had MRSA in my lungs!!! And that is something that is not easily taken care of. We opted to use 2 types of meds. One was Vancomycine, and the other I would have to look up. But I had a PICC line inserted in my chest, and gave myself that poison from the comfort of my own home for a month. My doctor decided that was long enough, and if it was going to work, it had plenty of time, and at this point the meds were more toxic than the MRSA. So, each time I get a chest cough that turns green, he will prescribe amoxicillin, or other antibiotic. I guess I'm sharing my story with you to just give you something else to be aware of....and sometimes you just have to do what you think is best for your Mother. I do hope and pray that you can get her moved closer to you, and get to the bottom of what is going on so she can begin healing. Best of luck, stay strong, and there are so many people right here for you, if you have questions, or just need to vent. Blessings
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

2. Likes drz, bobjannj, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! MRSA! That is crazy. How did they ever know for sure the bacteria was gone??
    we moved her to the new hospital as the specialize in lungs there, it may be further for us but it's a way better hospital.
    the doctor said she's headed in right direction. She just has so many Issues, but thank god she has no kidney involvement! I'll take the small victories. Thank you for sharing your story. It's amazing, like all of you! Thank you for bringing hope. I told the doctor that today is what we're holding onto. I don't know what her future holds but with prayers and a good medical team I believe she will be home soon as she can be.

4. Likes drz, Lilly, bobjannj, Pete, Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning Krystle...I am so happy reading your post!! I feel such a sense of relief from you, just knowing that your Mother is in new, good hands, and the doctor is being positive about her lungs. And no kidney involvement is a relief, and it IS the small victories that sometimes get us through the hardest times. What a wonderful first post for me to read this morning, as I have been thinking about you and your Mother and praying something would turn in the right direction. We are all here for you as you and your Mother begin this new hope, and my prayers are continuing for her healing. Just to hear you say that "today is what we are holding on to", is an attitude that we all have to have. Blessings to you and your Mom and family......
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

6. Likes bobjannj, Alysia, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about your mom & you and sending prayers. How is your mom doing so far, Krystle ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on my mother, she was doing well with her breathing trials for extubation but was just not strong enough and she tired out too quickly. She had a tracheostomy Monday. Now her sedation is trying to be weaned but it is proving very very difficult for her. Her blood pressure is all over the place and she is just not stable. My prayers haven't stopped. I wish I had better news.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krystlew420 View Post
    Update on my mother, she was doing well with her breathing trials for extubation but was just not strong enough and she tired out too quickly. She had a tracheostomy Monday. Now her sedation is trying to be weaned but it is proving very very difficult for her. Her blood pressure is all over the place and she is just not stable. My prayers haven't stopped. I wish I had better news.....
    Keep on praying. We all pray with you and hold your hand during this hard time. Lord have mercy..
    I know few weggies who live full life with trachectomy.
    I hope they can stabilize your mom soon.
    Hang in there. Being the caretaker is harder then being the sick one. I guess that from her point of view she is still asleep.
    Please feel comfortable to share whatever you feel like.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

11. Likes seied, Lilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Krystle, I am so sorry to hear that she is going through this, but like Alysia said, we are still praying for her...and for you. Sometimes its like a roller coaster ride....the highs and the lows can make you crazy. But please know that we are always here for you, and always praying. Take good care of yourself too!! Don't let yourself get too run down, you have to think of yourself also. Blessings and Love, and Prayers for you both,
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

13. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven’t heard from you in awhile. How is your mom doing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234