Some of you who I am friends with on Facebook may already know all this information but ... here I am still with a massively sore throat almost 3 months since it began. It's getting more and more painful, and now sounds like I have something in my throat ... but ... nothing?

I went to the ENT and he focused solely on my nose. Yes, the original reason for the referral was the reccurence of my bloody noses. But, that's not the main concern any longer and I said that from the beginning of the appointment.
He looked in my nose, and checked my vocal cords since I said yes that I am sometimes hoarse when I speak. But, he just glanced in my throat and went about my nose again. I said "Hey, I also told the receptionist that I've been getting dizzy for several weeks as well and I wonder about my ears but he never looked in them. He said my nose is inflamed but that's common with Wegener's patients. OK, but my CRP markers were non existant on my blood work recently. So ... thanks DOC!
Thankfully, I have an appointment with my rheumatologist on Wednesday afternoon. My throat is ... it's bright red, there's a huge hole (tonsil is actively trying to protect me from something), I struggle swallowing. I can swallow but I struggle because it hurts so damn bad. It feels like something is just hanging out back there and I try to clear my throat with no luck. I still get dizzy, feel like my ears are muffled, and generally feel awful all the time. I do go out and do stuff ... because I have been like this for weeks now and I am fearful of the days when I won't be able to. I've already started skipping workouts because of how I feel, and I gained weight because of that. So I ramped up my workouts this week ... but still, I feel myself wanting to stay home tonight instead of working out.
The depression is creeping back in because I physically can't do things that I know I could do not that many weeks ago.
Has anyone dealt w/ throat issues like this? Was it a bug/virus, etc? Or was it Weg's related? Because I am getting so frustrated with my throat.