User Tag List

Likes Likes:  20

Poll: Have you had a manifestation of, or know to have antibodies to the Epstein-Barr Virus

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Interesting. So, does Citric Acid help or hurt? Tinnitus started around mid-2014.
    I believe that mono caused my tinnitus.
    In my case, I started taking 1g Vitamin C (Emergen-C), daily for 2 months before GPA breakout ("first" flare up in July-2017). Also, I started taking 5mg of amitriptyline to sleep better.

Do you think EBV causes/triggers GPA?

Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you are talking my entire health history here.

Glandular Fever, Meniere's Disease, T cells and not B cells affected according to Immunologist and Rheumatologist advised that RTX not possible for me as T cells affected.
    Wegeners diagnosed via positive sinus biopsy

Citrix acid of any sort, in any food type including breads, sauces, soft drinks etc, kill me....well not literally, but painfully.
    My joints become inflamed and my eyes turn bright red and itchy and light sensitive.
    Can last anywhere from 30 minutes, to two days depending on how much I have consumed.
    I have tested it with many foods, and 8 years later, I only have issues if I'm am out for dinner and the food is prepared differently, or the local fish shop ignores my request to not use lemon on my fish.

I still think that 2 months of full on stress was the trigger for bringing out WG in me though, which had probably been silent (sometimes peeking out to say hello, in forms of nose bleeds and ear and throat infections, since I was 2 years old)
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Wow, you are talking my entire health history here.

Glandular Fever, Meniere's Disease, T cells and not B cells affected according to Immunologist and Rheumatologist advised that RTX not possible for me as T cells affected.
    Wegeners diagnosed via positive sinus biopsy

Citrix acid of any sort, in any food type including breads, sauces, soft drinks etc, kill me....well not literally, but painfully.
    My joints become inflamed and my eyes turn bright red and itchy and light sensitive.
    Can last anywhere from 30 minutes, to two days depending on how much I have consumed.
    I have tested it with many foods, and 8 years later, I only have issues if I'm am out for dinner and the food is prepared differently, or the local fish shop ignores my request to not use lemon on my fish.

I still think that 2 months of full on stress was the trigger for bringing out WG in me though, which had probably been silent (sometimes peeking out to say hello, in forms of nose bleeds and ear and throat infections, since I was 2 years old)
    So stress can totally be a trigger. I'm now reading the whole life cycle of the human herpes viruses, and many if not all of them can get triggered from latency by stress, among a myriad of other things. For cold sores, as many of us know, stress can be a trigger, but also UV light, an actual irritation on the lip where the nerve that is a permanent home to the virus ends. And poof a cold sore. So the EBV makes its home in the B cells, and epithelial cells (both elements that kept cropping up when I was looking at the innate immune response as an area of interest about a year ago...WG and epithelial cells kept popping up together in relation to the vasculature in all the stuff I was reading.)

I'm in the midst of a 'mind blown' moment in this journey, and I'll share with you my crazy speculations as the puzzle pieces fit. I am gonna go to my GP with a crazy idea next week, and I'll let you know how it turns out.

On a different note:
    I just wanted to give you an idea to help with the issues you have with acidy stuff causing tummy pain. Try this, if you're up to it and don't have any allergies... beta carotene. Take larger than normal hits of it daily (like 2 or 3 in the morning and same at night) until the moment you start to notice your skin getting a shade of orange. Then stop. The beta carotene helps rebuild mucous membranes throughout the body (yup, including the eyes, hence carrots being good for your eyes) but mostly in the gut lining. I suspect you might have beat up your gut lining with all the meds we're on, especially pred, and that's why the acidity hurts. Once you start high dosing with beta carotene, it goes directly to rebuilding the mucous membrane, and as soon as that job is complete, then it starts to store it for later, which is when you see it in your skin colour. When you see it, then you know the rebuild is complete, and you can try having an orange or something yummy that you miss, and seeing if it worked.

It doesn't interact with any of our meds, not that I'm aware of anyways, but you should always check. I hope it works.

5. Likes Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seied View Post
    Interesting. So, does Citric Acid help or hurt? Tinnitus started around mid-2014.
    I believe that mono caused my tinnitus.
    In my case, I started taking 1g Vitamin C (Emergen-C), daily for 2 months before GPA breakout ("first" flare up in July-2017). Also, I started taking 5mg of amitriptyline to sleep better.

Do you think EBV causes/triggers GPA?

Ed.
    I don't know Ed. I've spent the last 8 years learning how WG and autoimmune diseases work, and now I read this random book, and it kind of makes sense, so I start to do research to see how things connect, if at all, then they're starting to connect, and it's throwing me off a little. It's a little unnerving to be thrown off balance between paradigms.

Wouldn't it be insane if the answer is that simple. That elegant. Occam's razor and all.

7. Likes seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    On a different note:
    I just wanted to give you an idea to help with the issues you have with acidy stuff causing tummy pain. Try this, if you're up to it and don't have any allergies... beta carotene. Take larger than normal hits of it daily (like 2 or 3 in the morning and same at night) until the moment you start to notice your skin getting a shade of orange. Then stop. The beta carotene helps rebuild mucous membranes throughout the body (yup, including the eyes, hence carrots being good for your eyes) but mostly in the gut lining. I suspect you might have beat up your gut lining with all the meds we're on, especially pred, and that's why the acidity hurts. Once you start high dosing with beta carotene, it goes directly to rebuilding the mucous membrane, and as soon as that job is complete, then it starts to store it for later, which is when you see it in your skin colour. When you see it, then you know the rebuild is complete, and you can try having an orange or something yummy that you miss, and seeing if it worked.

It doesn't interact with any of our meds, not that I'm aware of anyways, but you should always check. I hope it works.

My stomach is actually fine, just a little pregnazone.
    My joints are what kill from having anything citric or citric acid. My joints become swollen and red and hot to touch, just like gout symptoms.
    I will try the beta carotene though - who knows, it may work

Thanks Marta, and good luck with brainstorming the doctor next week
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

9. Likes Alysia, marta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. It was a Naturopathic Dr., years ago who provided the blood-test and noted Epstein Barr. It can go "dormant". I did have shingles a few times over the years. I have not seen general medical Drs. run this type of bloodwork. Then my illness progressed and escalated horribly further after unnecessary ear surgery 4 yrs ago, I was advised to do for the unusual tinnitus that was fluctuating at the time. I had no other work-up or tests. The surgery immediately took it to a chronic debilitating level 24/7 and what's affecting me the most with my sinuses. It's all I hear, feel, see and sense as its vibratory and roaring affecting me physically and emotionally. I got hit with shingles again afterwards which none of the Drs. took seriously. I don't know if this affected my ear injury at the time. Since then my health has been progressively failing and trying to get help. I wish I could see a Naturopath again to "listen" on my health as a whole, but health insurance won't cover this.

I would like to know if Marta made any progress from the book she read? Beta Carotene...wouldn't that be the same as taking Vit. A? Sprouts are good, but can surely contaminate the air! -H.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123