User Tag List

Likes Likes:  20

Poll: Have you had a manifestation of, or know to have antibodies to the Epstein-Barr Virus

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Hey gang. I'm just reading an interesting book right now and am curious as to the history on this group - you know how we're always trying to make the connection. Depending on the results that come back, I might be eating my fighting words that I directed at another member on this site. Something I'd be happy to do if it means getting closer to an answer to this disease.

The question is have you ever in your life had a viral infection of Epstein Bar Virus (in the form of Infectious mononucleosis, Burkitt's lymphoma or nasopharyngeal carcinoma) or know that you have antibodies to the EBV virus?

Yes or No

(I'm gonna try and put in a poll, but I haven't done it before so if it's not here, just answer the question in the responses. I've turned into such a luddite, ha ha ha)
    Last edited by marta; 12-13-2017 at 01:06 PM.

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Likes marta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, or should I say not yet...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

6. Likes marta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes around 2008 when my daughter got Mono My blood work came back with Epstein Barr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Hey gang. I'm just reading an interesting book right now and am curious as to the history on this group - you know how we're always trying to make the connection. Depending on the results that come back, I might be eating my fighting words that I directed at another member on this site. Something I'd be happy to do if it means getting closer to an answer to this disease.

The question is have you ever in your life had a viral infection of Epstein Bar Virus (in the form of Infectious mononucleosis, Burkitt's lymphoma or nasopharyngeal carcinoma) or know that you have antibodies to the EBV virus?

Yes or No

(I'm gonna try and put in a poll, but I haven't done it before so if it's not here, just answer the question in the responses. I've turned into such a lucite, ha ha ha)
    No

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    ----Arleta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I know about.
    But my Q Fever Igg is positive for years and some of its symptoms are similar to wg.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks gang. What I've learned since posting this, is that only about 30-50% of people show manifestations of illness when they get the virus. Apparently it's the most common virus carried by humans. So whether you've had it or not, doesn't necessarily mean you don't have it in you. But the book I'm reading links so many many things to it. It's a virus from the herpes complex and like the cold sore virus, or the shingles virus, or the herpes virus, once inside, it lives with you for life. This book has a chapter on how to get rid of it using nothing but the right foods. I haven't gotten to that chapter yet, but I'm on the gut health chapter, and loving it.

Here's a cool probiotic tip I got. Most of us are vitamin B12 deficient. Regular probiotics can't quite make it to the spot that is the only uptake of B-12 in the body (I can't remember exactly but it's way down in the small intestine, just before the exit, so to speak) and the best way to get probiotics there is to eat sprouted food. The micro biome on sprouted seeds apparently is like 900 times better than probiotics we now take (kefir, pills, fermented foods) and it can hide during the digestive process within the sprouts and can get itself to that magical spot that is the B-12 receptor. So guess what. I've been feeding my whole family sprouts the last several days. Ha ha. Sunflower sprouts, broccoli sprouts, kale sprouts.... they're gonna hate me when I finish this book.

All the best and many thanks for playing along, as you always do. You're the best group of people out there.

Peace and love.

11. Likes Debbie C, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, mononucleosis.

Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What book is that?

Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had cold-sores in the past and lots of my friends had mono. So I guess that makes me a yes.

15. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast