User Tag List

Likes Likes:  20

Poll: Have you had a manifestation of, or know to have antibodies to the Epstein-Barr Virus

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epstein Bar Virus Curiosity

Likely since my wife had mono a few years back. I did have shingles in my 20's ... was not pleasant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seied View Post
    What book is that?

Ed.
    It's kinda out there Ed. So I don't know how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go.
    I think right now you focus on your treatment and getting back to normal.
    I will send you a PM because I just read your note and wanna tell you a couple of things that I thought of while reading it.

Here's the book though. Just in case you wanna do some preliminary digging.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Medical-Medium...medical+medium

It's out there people. And I haven't read it to the end, so I can't say whether I endorse it, or if I think it's nothing. I'm still uninformed.

3. Likes seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little jerry View Post
    I've had cold-sores in the past and lots of my friends had mono. So I guess that makes me a yes.
    I'm the same. I've never had Mono, but many around me have, and I was a cold sore magnet (as is my kid) - I think I might be working on one right this moment, ha ha.
    I'm curious though. I am sure there is a way to find out if one has the antibodies. I'm gonna ask for a test next time I go to the doctor. I'm curious now. Might as well have fun exploring the possibilities if we're gonna be in this world of WG.

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also not sure and am intrigued to find out more and if i have??
    Ben

Diagnosed in 2013

Never, never, never give up! (Winston Churchill)

What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.... (Not found out yet)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenHornsby View Post
    I am also not sure and am intrigued to find out more and if i have??
    I know I had mono in the past because there is a blood test for it.
    I suspect that is when my tinnitus started.

Ed.

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little jerry View Post
    I've had cold-sores in the past and lots of my friends had mono. So I guess that makes me a yes.
    I always get cold sores right after rtx.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I always get cold sores right after rtx.
    Is herpes a yes too?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

11. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had mono as a child...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this also known as Glandular Fever. If so, then I am a YES
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seied View Post
    I know I had mono in the past because there is a blood test for it.
    I suspect that is when my tinnitus started.

Ed.
    Interesting Ed, in the book there is a whole chapter dedicated to Epstein Bar Virus causing tinnitus.

So now I'm cross researching and it's fascinating. I've had ideas before that we can stop the issues during the innate immune response instead of the adaptive immune system (where the T cells and B cells live - and the ones we tend to kill with our treatment.) So now I'm finding out that different herpes viruses like to 'nest' in different places. Guess where EBV virus likes to make it's lifelong home using us as a host.... in the B cells and some epithelial cells (where my previous research led me in my innate immune system hypothesis.)

I'm looking at antiviral treatments that might be able to kill the EBV. That might be an interesting addition to treatment. Apparently also citric acid can also break through the walls of the virus, but then it hides, and pretends it's our B-cells, until something triggers it (just like a cold sore) so that's not viable. The idea is that once latent EBV becomes engaged, it triggers the immune system, and what appears as our immune system attacking the host/us, is actually our immune system trying to kill an Epstein Bar Virus infection.

Another interesting factoid I discovered today "CD4+ T cells are classically thought to orchestrate adaptive immune responses. But recent studies demonstrate that they can also kill infected cells directly. A new paper shows that highly efficient processing of Epstein Barr virus (EBV) glycoproteins for presentation on MHC class II makes virus-transformed B cells susceptible to lysis by CD4+ T cells."

So I was curious what cyclophosphamide goes after, I know it's both B-cells and T-cells, but I was curious if it's the CD4 T cells. They are activate the innate immune system and seem to be able to actually destroy EBvirus. So far it seems like it's more CD8 T cells, but the CD4 also get nuked. The web is forming in my wee pee brain.

Can you imagine if the answer is that simple and that elegant??? I've always had a hard time imagining something as perfect as our immune system turning the way that we believe it turns on us during an autoimmune disease flare. It just didn't ring true for me. Despite all these years that I've been immersing myself in this paradigm.

I think I might be in the midst of a massive paradigm shift.
    I am going to continue to do research and make connections, if for nothing else, for my sci-fi book.

One of the things I learned today is that pretty much 100% of human population has at least one of the six varieties (with many more varieties within each group) of human herpesvirus family, I'm concentrating on EBV though. I think it might be a direction in which answers lie.

Kinda crazy and very cool if you ask me.

15. Likes Alysia, BenHornsby liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast