Thread: All I want for Christmas is a new knee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: All I want for Christmas is a new knee

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    @MikeG-2012 Oh s**t!! You might want to find a less clumsy doc... ;-)
    He's one of the best around, but as we know "S**T Happens"--even to well known and very respected orthopedic surgeons. This is the first time in 13 years that he will miss the surgeries at the end of the year. Imagine all the other people affected by his broken finger. I don't have to reschedule my life over this event--I can move ahead and keep working as if nothing happened. Those who work for and with him, don't have that luxury. I feel really bad for all the staff, anesthesiologists, physical therapy teams, home health care workers, surgical nurses and assistants--their livelihood has just been drastically affected during the holidays. I wish them all well!

I am telling everyone this whole situation reminds me of the story of the guy in the flood. When the water started to rise around his house, a guy moved to the top floor of his house, and a boat came by and he said "God will provide", a little while later, another boat came by, he said again, "God will provide", and the boat left. Later when he was on the roof, and a helicopter came, he said "God will save me". He drowned and went to heaven, ad asked God why he didn't help him, and God's response was "I sent you two boats and even a helicopter, what more did you want me to do?"

All of the cancellations, in some sort of way, are reinforcing my belief that right now is not the proper time for this knee replacement. I am willing to go along with the plan and wait a year!! My faith is telling me that is the right thing to do.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

2. Likes drz, mishb, Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any of you have chronic back, knee or hip pain, this is the procedure that I am going to try for my knee. Coolief is the name of this particular procedure. Here's a snippet of what it does: "Called “Coolief,” this non-surgical,outpatient procedure relies on cooled radio frequency (RF) ablation to safely target the sensory nerves causing pain.RF energy heats then cools the tissue at the site of problem."

https://www.mycoolief.com/

I'll let everyone know how this goes. I have an initial appointment with the doctor on January 15th.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

4. Likes Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ed, sorry to hear about having to postpone your surgery. I hope you get it soon....you are very active, and your new knee will be so very nice! I damaged my knee while young with wegeners. I used to ride jet skis, but not the kind with a seat, these are kinda like racing skis, so you can only stand up on them and take a lot of balance. My right knee was my balance knee.....so knee replacement was a blessing. Wishing you all the best....and I love your quote!! Blessings, Lilly
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Mike with the knee replacement! I have worked with similar old timers who got knee replacements after years of standing on steel, climbing 100' towers in the oil refinery, and repetitive lifting and bending. I have seen 4 of them have to get the knee replacement replaced also because they did not keep the weight down....Docs told them to keep under 200lbs for success. Make sure you lay off the Ho-Ho's and the Twinkies....good luck..Cheers!

7. Likes Lilly liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123