User Tag List

Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Searching for anybody that has connected their WG to vaccines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Searching for anybody that has connected their WG to vaccines.

@Masha,

I didn't want to write back to you on Ben's thread because it's about another issue. So I write here.

I copy what you wrote there:

"Alysia, You gave me food for thought. No change in medicine or activities. Then I had my AHA moment. I got a pneumonia shot. The pharmacist said that I may possibly have a reaction since I get the Rituxan infusions. I think that set it off. Doctor said I should have pneumonia and flu shot. The flu shot will be available at the end of August and I am scheduled for infusion in mid September. Hope it doesn’t start another flare, but the risk of getting the flu is dangerous for me. Thanks for helping me think about it."

End quote.

Please check the above thread. Lots of info.

As far as I understand, flu shot might be useless because rtx will "delete" the "memory" of it. It can also cause a reaction.

Will you please consult with your dr. about it ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Searching for anybody that has connected their WG to vaccines.

Thanks, Alysia, I did see it. From what I understand you need to wait 6 months after Rituxan infusion for dead vaccine, or the Rituxan will wip out the vaccine. My conundrum is that I will be q5 1/2 months and will have2 weeks before starting next infusion. I have read a lot on this topic. Mayo and Johns Hopkins suggest having it. So do my doctors. Difficult call but I am going with the advice of the professionals.
    Thanks, Masha

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123